on 16 April 2008
Both my children (aged 10 and 8) and I loved the original paper fashions book but this latest one is superb. It arrived yesterday and we spent the whole evening making glitzy outfits. The book has loads of ideas, the "fabrics" are shimmery and glamorous and the templates are sturdy and easy to use. We highly recommend it.
11 comment|71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 June 2008
My Daughter (now 11) loves this book. She started with Paper Fashions, and when this came out we added it to the collection. She has probably used these books near enough every day for more than a year! We've bought the extra's pack but there is stacks of paper with the books (The hangers dont last so long). The paper is gorgeous, the book is full of great ideas, and it really is hours of fun with endless possibilities. Even her 'tom boy' friend has ordered a book and loves it. I would highly recommend this to any young girl, or even not so young, because you can use the designs for scrapbooking or card making.
on 25 August 2008
I bought this for my 8 year old daughter on the basis of the reviews on Amazon. I was not disappointed! It really is easy to do (even if you're not that creative yourself!). Use the stencils to create catwalk sensations - I bought it a week ago and have already sent for the refill pack as we have run out of hangers to display our creations. Loads of fantastic paper, sequins, beads, ribbon and glue (but only 20 hangers). My daughter absolutely loves it and can do it herself without any help - will definitely be buying more for presents for friends etc. Without a doubt this is fantastic value for money and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys craft activities (adults and children). You will not be disappointed!
on 3 August 2008
I bought this because one of my friends had it and said it was great. First I took it on holiday and it kept me entertaind when bored. I highly recommed it to all crafty people as I've spent day using it.
on 19 November 2011
I bought this item for my daughter (aged 12) because she loves fashion and designing.
I am so pleased that I did because she uses it all the time and she loves designing new clothes- it is great for her creativity.
You get different coloured sheets of paper and you trace a top, trousers, skirt etc onto it cut it out, stick some accessories onto it and stick it to a hanger.
I have to say, I would have loved something as creative as this when I was a little girl, and it brings me great enjoyment seeing all the different designs and looks that she can come up with.

VERY IMPRESSIVE
on 23 July 2013
bought for a 9 year old. she adores it. i gave her the option and she chose this one. i think the refill (extra stuff) is expensive though and you only really need it for the wire hangers (which is a splendid idea by klutz). perhaps amazon could make extra stuff by klutz cheaper? the printed paper that comes with it with various designs (a bit like wallpaper samples) might be tricky to find i suppose too. the papers were all top quality and only one had a velvet layer over it and one had a glitter layer over it. i would like to have seen more. the velvet one is just stunning. brilliant to make purse and shoes from. it has 3 pages of stencils which are quite thick and has cut outs of shoes too. beads etc can be bought cheaply anywhere. the bottle of glue is small though i do like that it almost has a precision pin point tip ideal for delicate work as not too much is squirted out. the book gives inspiration and there is a box type of thing to put the stuff in. i am thinking of getting a piece of wire and tying it between two coat pegs on the back of my door to hang her miniature creations on. p.s this book does call for double sided tape to stick ruffled ribbons on which is not included so i will buy that seperatly for her. this was delivered in two days. brilliant! amazons value on books cant be beaten.
on 24 November 2009
Got this for my daughters birthday but ended up giving it to her on a day she was off school sick to cheer her up! She absoluetly loved it and has spent hours creating fashions with it. Would recommend it. Only downside is what to do with the little fahsions once they have been created. Could do with a mini wardrobe to put them in!
on 29 January 2009
My daughter loved this and plays with it for ages. Well worth the money. I would definetely recomend this as a present to give at parties or at brithdays/christmas anytime. As usual Klutz will not let you down.
on 10 February 2015
My kid loved the concept, immediately opened the book and we started making all kinds of outfits, including party dresses with sequins, etc (based on ideas, templates given in the book) and hung the finished outfits on hangers. Fabrics are provided in the book. So you don't have go around fetching fabrics for dresses. The fabrics look good - party like. It was a lot of fun. This version of the book is fantastic and we are glad we bought it!
on 2 August 2012
I have enjoyed the casual dress making kit, so I immediately bought this one expecting a high level of quality and enjoyment. I was not let down, as I had yet another fun time making all the little dresses! I initially bought this for a school project, so I had a place to put all the dresses. If I had simply bought it for fun, the only disadvantage would be having nowhere to put them!