on 20 January 2013
My 4 year old started school pretty competent in most things, but I was concerned about her fine motor skills especially cutting. The school picked up on this swiftly & within her first term her target was to cut with accuracy. I found it hard to support her with this at home because finding cutting hard she didn't really want to do it and with 2 younger siblings it was a bit scary when she got bored as if I took my eyes off her for a second she was cutting her hair or the table. Anyway, she loves this book, wants to do it and I have noticed her cutting has improved massively in the short time since she got this for Christmas. Thank you Chicken Socks another great product!
on 17 August 2013
Brought this for my daughter she loved it and managed to do most of it all on her own, the book is now finished but will probably buy again for her as she enjoyed it so much and also for my other daughter to use when she is old, I recommend for age 4 up. I think Its so good and makes a great present that I have bought it for most of my daughter reception class and have had good feed back from the mums
on 19 May 2012
Over the moon with this book, so happy good quality and great fun. My three year old thinks its the best.
on 8 February 2013
The scissors are not very good quality for a 5 year old who is learning to hold scissors so we tend use our own from ELC. But the pictures to cut out are stimulating and enjoyable for the kids.
on 16 March 2010
I bought this for my 4-year old son who has problmes with scissor control. It was just what he needed to motivate him because there is a purpose to the cutting. The only thing that would have been nice is perhaps some things to colour in before cutting out, just to make the activity a bit longer and more interesting. Also , the scissors are very big for little hands and so if need to make sure you have your own small scissors for younger children.
on 4 January 2013
My six year old son has not been inspired by this. He usually loves craft activities. Maybe he'll give it another chance after the Christmas rush?
on 19 September 2013
Purchased as a birthday present for a three year old and she loved it! Might need a little help but something she can do with her sibling.
on 3 June 2013
Great book love the idea behind it and that its a bit different. more importantly my 5 yr old art and craft mad daughter loves it.
VINE VOICEon 20 November 2009