4.0 out of 5 stars Good reference book
Over the years, I have collected many football coaching books and they all have pros and cons. No different here. However, this book was a handy guide on choosing some drills which I had never seen before, which although technically challenging, always freshens up monotonous training sessions. One of my better purchases.
Published 12 months ago by sasco

2.0 out of 5 stars Total Football This Is Not
My initial reaction on seeing this book was, 'Wow, a chance to get a really good look at some Dutch Coaching methods' since they are globally reknowned and respected.
Published on 5 Feb 2005 by T Asprilla

2.0 out of 5 stars Total Football This Is Not, 5 Feb 2005
This review is from: Ajax Training Sessions (Paperback)
My reaction on reading it was one of disappointment. It is not actually written by an Ajax coach but by a journalist (who does coach)who spent a season with Ajax. Smink has put 40 drills in this book (and they are drills, not session plans) but some of them are pathetic. A long line of players waiting for a lay-off to shoot is hardly innovative, I am sure all coaches have carried this drill out at some point, but including it in an Ajax coaching book makes one of Europes best teams look a joke!
I did get a few ideas out of this book but most of the drills I had seen before and I did not appreciate the section deveoted to players recovering from injuries. Common sense tells us they must ease their way back into full training, show me something new!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reference book, 7 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, easy to follow and enjoyable, 30 Mar 2009
Noel Mullin (Galway, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ajax Training Sessions (Paperback)
Excellent reference, I have used 10-12 of the drills and each one of them was a success. As the previous reviewer said the drills are easy to progress and change to suit numbers and conditions.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD DRILL BOOK,GREAT IDEAS FROM IT, 14 Jan 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Ajax Training Sessions (Paperback)
I FOUND THIS BOOK QUIET HELPFUL.DIAGRAMS OF ALL THE DRILLS WERE GIVEN,SOME LOOKED EASY TO UNDERSTAND OTHERS WERE QUIET DAUNTING.ONCE USED ON THE TRAINING PITCH IT WAS EASY TO DO THE DRILL.ALL PLAYERS ENJOYED THE DRILLS.IT WAS ALSO EASY TO ADD TO DRILL AND CHANGE THE DRILL TO YOUR OWN STYLE.A GREAT BOOK

Ajax Training Sessions
Ajax Training Sessions by Jorrit Smink (Paperback - 1 Sep 2004)
Used & New from: £8.17