Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 December 2004
This book is aimed at the child with ADD and explains in child friendly terms what ADD is.
The book starts with ticklists for the child to fill in about their feelings in different situations ie 'at home, 'at school'. There are several pages of useful tips for the child to try ie 'things to do if you feel fidgety' and pages full of information which are useful for an ADD child such as 'ways to remember'.
I feel that this book is a useful tool to help the child understand their diagnosis and when read together with the child is an excellent way to initiate conversation about how the ADD affects the child and how you can work together.
I feel that every family who has a child with ADD should have a copy of this book it really is brilliant.
0Comment|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 May 2010
Bought this book for my 10 year old son. I would definitely recommend it to other parents as it helps children get a better understanding of ADHD. Good ideas to help both the child and parents.
on 21 February 2013
A recommendation from an education pyschologist for a pupil with ADHD. The pupil loves the book and helps them to understand their condition.
on 13 May 2014
I got this for my 11 year old and it's easy for him to read and use - tho I did feel it was perhaps a little too young for him however he understood it and it gave him the valuable insight into his condition - which is more valuable than anyone 'telling' him about his condition!
on 16 December 2012
This book has brilliant short chapters on every topic you could need for supporting children with ADHD. I often use the morning routine, getting organised and doing homework hints and tips. Easy and punchy for reading and information. Very very useful.
on 10 September 2010
This book is broken down into managable chunks so it's easy to do a bit each night. It's also very good for opening discussions with your child about the issues that affect their lives. It has helped my son understand his condition in a light hearted way rather that bogging him down with medical jargon.
on 30 May 2013
My daughter wanted a book to know more about adhd. this was a lovely book. i do a lot of theses things with her already. but she really enjoyed learning about her condtion. would recomend it.
on 4 October 2014
I gave this to a friend whose son has ADD. I haven't had feedback from her, but I thought it looked just the ticket for kids, speaking as a teacher (but of adults mainly).
on 4 December 2014
Loved this book my daughter got so much out of it. We still reflect on it when things get abit piggledy
on 10 July 2014
Great book for my son to read I am reading it first.