5.0 out of 5 stars Intense Read, 13 April 2004
This review is from: Wayne's Dead (Paperback)
I read this author's first book and liked it, so purchased her second. I wasn't expecting this. "Chasing Horses" has zany characters and dialogue and is funny and more than a little bawdy, while "Wayne's Dead" is on the other end of the spectrum -dealing with mental disease and a brutal serial killer. Although it was hard reconciling the same person wrote both books, I loved them both.
The characters in "Wayne's Dead" are more intense and dark and dwell among a world we're all glad not to be part of. As a social worker, I was glad to see the author did her homework with DID and portrayed it realistically.
The book is a quick read - you don't get a chance to breathe hardly - and there is no extraneous verbiage or descriptions given. I liked that - kind of like a darker Elmore Leonard.
Great second book and I look forward to seeing more from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Thriller!, 20 Sep 2002
This review is from: Wayne's Dead (Paperback)
Being a reader who favors psychological thrillers and medical mysteries, I found "Wayne's Dead" to be a really great read. I liked the way the author weaved the killers' mental disorder into the plot, how she explained what brought the serial killer to murder and mutilate. The book moves at a fast pace and feels real; the dialogue is perfect, the characters believable. I read where a reviewer on another site compared this author to John Sandford - I'd say a mix between John Sandford and Elmore Leonard. I'm looking forward to what this author has to offer next.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the Best!, 13 Sep 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Wayne's Dead (Paperback)
Being a lover of thrillers and liking the premise for this book, I decided to purchase "Wayne's Dead" although I wasn't familiar with the author. After reading the book, I have now become a fan. This is the best psychological thriller I've read yet. The book is fast-paced with realistic dialogue and characters, which divulges information in forensic science as well as the investigative technique of homicides. French is definitely on her way and proves herself an author worth reading - better than most of the best-sellers out there today. I'm anxiously awaiting further books from this author. Take it from me, if you're tired of what's out there today, read "Wayne's Dead" - you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Book Club Loved This One!, 20 April 2004
This review is from: Wayne's Dead (Paperback)
My book club picked this book because of the psychological disordersuffered by the killer and we were not disappointed with the read. Ofcourse, some think multiple personality disorder is a real disorder whileothers think the opposite, but that made for a fun discussion: did thekiller really have MPD or was it all an excuse to escape prosecution?
The characters are great, the dialogue fits well, and the quick pace ofthe book perfect for someone like me, who hates long, drawn-out storylines or descriptions.
We've chosen another book by Ms. French to read - "Chasing Demons". That'show much we like this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars As Good or Better Than The Bestsellers, 4 Feb 2003
This review is from: Wayne's Dead (Paperback)
As a reviewer for a large Southern newspaper, I am only allowed to review hardbacks. I wish I could make an exception in this case. "Wayne's Dead" by French is a quick-paced, fascinating story into the investigation of a serial killer. French portrays knowledge of the mental disorder multiple personality disorder, as well as forensics. Her characters feel like real-life people. Her dialogue is contemporary and believable. I hope she brings investigative detective Jackson Daniels and his partner Marvin back in a future novel. A great read that I'm still thinking about.

4.0 out of 5 stars Blinded by love, 12 Jun 2006
This review is from: Wayne's Dead (Paperback)
Jackson Daniels of the Knoxville Police Department is up against a serial murderer with a very gruesome streak - as the mutilated bodies left behind testify, this is a murderer with a lot of anger to vent, and the book takes us into the background and source of this anger.

Although this is not a classic murder-mystery as such (or at least I hope it wasn't intended as such as it's very obvious who the killer is) the writing style saves the day and overall this is quite a pleasant read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping!, 18 Jan 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Wayne's Dead (Paperback)
I read Ms. French's first novel, "Chasing Horses", which is a romantic comedy/suspense and was surprised to see she had changed genres with her second one. I agree with producer John Savoy, who pointed out this author has the unique ability to easily cross genres and has shown the talent for writing with humor as well as dark, serious writing. "Wayne's Dead" deals with a serial killer suffering from a mental disorder. The author allows the reader to see into the background of the killer and to understand a little of the reasoning behind the murders. The characters feel real, the dialogue is wonderfully contemporary and reads real, and the storyline is thrilling. A chilling, compelling book that I'm still thinking about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better & Better & Better!, 10 Jan 2004
This review is from: Wayne's Dead (Paperback)
Ms. French is a new writer that seems to get better and better with each new novel she writes. I have become such a fan! You owe it to yourself to check her work out. WAYNE'S DEAD is the perfect book to start with!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Murder Mystery Not To Be Missed!, 14 Sep 2002
This review is from: Wayne's Dead (Paperback)
Move over Janet Evanovich and Kay Hooper, make room for the next 'QUEEN' of romantic suspense "Christy Tillery French,' a new writer that is on her way to the big top in a big way! Read this (Ms. French's 2nd novel) 'Wayne's Dead" and you will see why!
A murder mystery to die for to be sure! Page after page of non-stop action and intrigue lie in wait for the reader of this book.
The characters are believable, the dialogue easy to connect with, and the plot is compelling. An exciting combination.
Wayne's Dead is a book I am most proud to recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars MORE PLEASE!, 8 Jan 2004
This review is from: Wayne's Dead (Paperback)
One of the reviewers before me said they would like to see Ms. French bring this great book and fun characters back again...Count me in. I ditto that idea! I really loved this book and the lady who created it!

ARRAY(0xa2b16150)

Wayne's Dead
Wayne's Dead by Christy Tillery French (Paperback - 29 July 2002)
12.50