5.0 out of 5 stars The Missing Link
Published on 27 Jun 2011 by Clare W.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, and it makes a lot of sense. ...
Interesting, and it makes a lot of sense. The part about connecting to the electrical wiring in the home through the earth socket I disagree with, as I have tested my home and several of my friends, and the readings are much higher than "000" which is the basis of true earthing. Would only suggest that using an earth rod and wiring directly from the earth rod to...
Published 1 month ago by Enki

5.0 out of 5 stars The Missing Link, 27 Jun 2011
Clare W. "claremacwatts" (Shotteswell, Oxfordshire) - See all my reviews
When I read the reviews for this book I got totally excited thinking "this is it, this is the missing link I have been searching for", and trawled the internet for web sites about this obvious but forgotton in the mists of civilization, truth. I remembered that I used to walk barefoot from March to October on all surfaces as a child through to young adult, when I thought maybe I shouldn't be doing it anymore. It just makes such utter sense to me, that we have removed ourselves from connecting with the earth. I don't know of any creature who wears shoes apart from us. Anyway I bought an earthing sheet before reading the book as I was so totally convinced that this was the solution to my insomnia. The earthing sheet is very expensive for someone like me living on a shoestring, but I stuck it on the credit card much to my trepidation, and it arrived the very next day. Also I started walking barefoot again when I took the dogs out along the footpaths every afternoon. Only problem is I have anxiety, and I did read that anxiety can hinder the beneficial effects of the earthing process. However I kept my faith, and gradually noticed over the first week an improvement in my sleep, which used to be horrendous as every night I went to bed dreading the anxiety and lying there for literally hours before dropping off. I also noticed very subtle things shifting too. The anxiety reduced and I no longer wake with a jolt just after dropping off. I found that I felt more peaceful, which was surprising as I didn't think I was tense all the time. Very oddly I feel at ease with my fellow man, and feel compassion and liking and a definite want to get to know people more deeply. As I said, all very odd! Now four weeks on of using the earthing sheet, and walking barefoot in the fields most days I feel it was the best purchase of my life as far as my health goes. All the supplements and therapies have not helped with my anxiety and eating disorder, but this little sheet connecting me with the earth, plus the barefooting have done so much for me. What a simple thing connecting with the earth, but it took reading the reviews and the light bulb moment for me to start crawling out of my pit, so to speak. Buy the book, buy the earthing sheet, and you will progress to the earthing mat which I bought two days ago. Oh my credit card!! Plus walk barefoot, and I promise you will take your shoes off at the every opportunity. If you don't want to walk, just sit in the garden feet firmly planted on the grass. You will feel the benefits; guaranteed. My apologies for this long review, but if you are still with me you will understand my enthusiasm and passion for this simple but so obvious solution to modern life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grounding., 19 Oct 2011
I purchased the book and read it through with great interest. Then I scanned all the reviews and satisfied myself that there must be a certain amount of truth in what the author has written. I decided to buy a grounding sheet, which had to be mains connection as I live in a block of flats.

Roughly 12 years ago I had a lung operation which led to bronchitis and shortness of breath. There were times when speaking, my voice would falter and I would make excuses telling people that I had a slight cold. After using the grounding sheet for one week, nothing altered only that I had one good nights sleep. After the first two days of the second week, things began to change radically. I noticed a marked improvement in my breathing - and my chest became very clear. Added to that, my energy levels soared and during the day I felt no trace of tiredness as I used to previously. I am now coming up to one month of using the grounding sheet and I can honestly say it is the best investment I have ever made.
There is much talk scientifically about this connection to Earth but my view is more of a spiritual one (doctors dress the wound -- God heals.
I believe that the energy within us is one and the same energy that is also around us and in the planet Earth. By going back to nature with this connection, we are going back to our origin and who we really are. The whole thing, the whole concept of this natural healing process is unbelievably beautiful and I convey my many thanks to the author for making people aware of this wonderful method.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing read, 16 Aug 2010
Tony Spooner (Co. Galway, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This is the most life changing book you will ever read. Usually these types of books are, or end up. promoting some kind of expensive treatment or product. However the main author was not a health provider but a retired TV cable man who applied his own knowledge of screening out TV interference to his own health problem and found the right answer. It has taken him many years to get this accepted by medical professionals, but the groundswell is now under-way. No large financial outlay is required to benefit yourself. I'm a retired TV technician myself and have applied this technique to my own health problems and those of my wife, with great results. If you have almost any health issues you will benefit from applying Clinton Ober's earthing techniques. I highly recommend this book for your own health sake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Barefoot is best, 29 May 2011
It explains how we have disconnected from the earth and how it has affected our health. It presents a good argument for this both simply and in a more scientific manner also if you are that way inclined. It has inspired me to walk barefoot as I need to ground myself more anyway. It helps both physical and mental health and inflamation in the body that is now thought to be the cause of many illnesses. I love the feeling of the earth on my feet as it is very cooling and refreshing. The gist of it is that even if you stand/sit/walk on the ground, it can be grass, soil or concrete for at least/after 30mins the body is then able to start healing itself. Go on, give it a try, you never know you might like it!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 5 April 2011
Hedley P. Spargo "hedleypaul" (Somerset) - See all my reviews
Many doctors will dismiss the concept of earthing as quackery. That stance dismisses their credibility as practitioners of the Hippocratic oath.

This book is well written, and contains much anecdotal evidence in support of earthing. I normally regard such evidence as boasting, but not here, as it supports so clearly the case presented. The author is clearly on a mission, but that simply bears witness to his excitement about his discovery.

I am an engineer, and as such somewhat a cynic. I demand proof or reasoned argument before accepting ideas, but am always open to evidence from whence it comes. I understood and accepted the principles asserted in the book, and accepted the possibility that it might indeed work. Having now practised earthing for a few nights my sleep pattern has improved, and the pain and numbness of my peripheral neuropathy (a consequence of mild diabetes) seems to have eased. I feel better in myself; no doubt consequential of my improved sleep.

Earthing may seem radical to conventional science, but there again, conventional science told us that the world was flat, and the sun moved around the earth.

Earthing works. It's free. Your only investment need be this book. I commend it to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Earthing - Wonderful information, fun to read., 7 Jan 2011
Sigrid Aronsson (Denmark, Copenhagen) - See all my reviews
This is the most important and easy to follow health book I ever read. This was the missing link to good health. I did everything else correctly but something was missing. Nobody knows about this so of course the doctors who believe only in authorities and maybe in everyone else but not in themselves (they are too stupid for that), did not believe this guy when he discovered it, but laughed him right in his face.Ha! So they can just continue to pop pills. This book reveals the most basic thing to do to stay in good health or to get rid of dis-ease, before anything else. And the story of how the author Clint Ober discovered it is incredible. This is the way to find things! I recommend everyone to read this book and so get the health benefits. It is so simple to read and I don't want to rip you of the advantages of getting this technology and to understand it fully - it can not be explained well to satisfaction with only a few words - so I will not say any more. It must be read to be understood and to be used. Don't miss this opportunity - especially if you like to stay in good health until the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Important life-changing book, 29 Oct 2011
Iona Main Stewart (Odense, Denmark) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This is an important book. Implementing its suggestions could vastly improve your health, perhaps be life-saving.

Earthing/grounding is a natural method by which we can prevent or relieve many, perhaps all, health challenges.

When we connect with the Earth, our body "becomes suffused with negative-charged free electrons abundantly present on the surface of the Earth." Our modern way of life has created an electron deficiency in our bodies, thus disturbing both our immune system and all other body systems.

The benefits of Earthing include:

1) defusing the cause of inflammation and improving or eliminating the symptoms of many inflammation-related disorders
2) reducing or eliminating chronic pain
9) dramatically speeding healing and helping to prevent bedsores
10) reducing or eliminating jet lag
11) protecting against health-disturbing electromagnetic fields
12) accelerating recovery from intense athletic activity

All would be well if only we wore shoes that did not separate us from the "energy and feeling" of the ground, but this is sadly not the case. The only "shoe" that preserves our connection to the Earth is the original moccasin.

The book describes how Clint Ober, who worked in the cable-TV industry, discovered the benefits of Earthing, devised his own primitive Earthing products and tried them out on friends and acquaintances. Their healing effects were astounding. Sometimes dramatic improvement occurred after only 20 minutes or so.

Basic methods of Earthing presently available are:
1) first and foremost, going outdoors and placing your feet directly on the Earth for 30 minutes at a time
2) use of a ground tool or specially designed wall plug to connect to "conductive floor mats, chair pads, sheets, mattresses, and common electrode patches to earth individuals indoors while sleeping or sitting".

The book includes numerous case histories of various formerly severely plagued individuals whose symptoms and ailments improved dramatically after being earthed.

Ailments/diseases documented as having been reduced by earthing include arthritis, autism, back pain, inflammation of the blood vessels, electrosensitivity, fibromyalgia, jet lag, mixed connective tissue disease, MS, sciatica, sleep apnea, stress, varicose veins and bad circulation, arrhythmia, high blood pressure, menopausal problems.

There are chapters devoted to the feminine connection, the sports connection, earthing and indoor pets (pets too can of course derive considerable benefits from earthing), while appendices address technical notes on grounding and earthing methods and the physics of earthing.

In conclusion, this is an extremely well-written, exciting, absolutely readable, ground-breaking (no pun intended), scientific, health-improving, potentially life-saving book.

One of the co-authors, Steve Sinatra, is a cardiologist, so the chapters penned by him present a medical approach.

I personally have been grounded for a couple of months or so, and my sleep instantly became much deeper, and I feel more rested when awakening.

I would strongly recommend that everyone read this book. Earthing will (perhaps greatly) improve your quality of life, unless you are one of the few who constantly walk barefoot, and it is about time that we all become informed of its gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it and get a sheet!, 8 Nov 2011
R. Fordham "Robster" (uk) - See all my reviews
Im very much into natural healing and all it has to offer. I have tried many different therapies as well as training in several. I can honestly say that earthing is one of the most immediate. The book is well written and informative, and up there with my top 5 of books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding., 26 Jun 2011
This book should be on everyone's shelf. Simple.
I am a Personal Trainer, interested in EVERYTHING for health and will keep an open mind as to any recent scientific or alternative therapies, nutrition or research I come across. As soon as I saw this book on Amazon I ordered it - just based on the subject matter - because after 14 years in this business I am realising that our health and homeostatis is compromised, primarily by our remarkable ability as a species to remove ourselves further and further from nature. Nutrition is the field I see this in most, but THIS book and the contents therein, take us right back there, to basics, to reconnect with the earth (from which we have evolved for millions of years), in the most fundamental way possible and for what's more, for FREE! Now if I were to tell you what the book advocates you'd maybe think, I was right 'out there' and (as my daughter, 15 just called me) 'a hippy', (I have never owned a microwave, and I love minimalist shoes, shock horror!), but the authors have consolidated their research with such scientific and meticulously researched and authenticated hard facts I struggled in places to understand it all (but, reassuringly, on the parts I too am very au fait with, they got SPOT ON). I am anxious to contact all my clients past and present, who ever presented to me with any auto-immune illnesses (and the rest!), to advise them strongly to purchase this book and follow what is advocated. I feel that strongly about it. Highly recommended. Back of to the garden to sit in the sun bare feet in the grass. Bliss.

5.0 out of 5 stars earthing feels so good, 19 Jun 2013
I first found out about grounding on youtube and heared many good things about it. So I decided to buy this book.
Very good book, with plenty of information. I've started to ground my self barefoot, and I must say it feels good. Sadly the British weather dosnt permit me to do this everyday. So yes, a great book to read.

Earthing: The Most Important Health Discovery Ever!
Earthing: The Most Important Health Discovery Ever! by Martin Zucker (Paperback - 31 Mar 2014)
15.29