5.0 out of 5 stars Lessons from the Miracle Doctors by Jon Barron
Published 5 months ago by andy

3.0 out of 5 stars fishy
In the US, on Amazon.com, there are over 60 (mostly 5-star) reviews of this book yet something smells about many of these gushing reviews: click on "see all my reviews" and most have no other book reviews - even when they've allegedly read hundreds of health books. Is this believable?

Having pointed this out, this book is the most comprehensive, sensible and...
Published on 18 Nov 2008 by D&D

3.0 out of 5 stars fishy, 18 Nov 2008
D&D - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lessons From The Miracle Doctors: "A Step-By-Step Guide to Optimum Health and Relief from Catastrophic Illness (Hardcover)

Having pointed this out, this book is the most comprehensive, sensible and accurate book I have come across to date, and I've read hundreds of books on nutrition and health. Although it does not have anything additional to add or offer to what is already out there and available to the public, like other reviewers, I too have spent years accumulating health knowledge that Jon Barron has conveniently pulled together here.

HOWEVER, I also know that Barron is offering too much information and in just vague enough terms to make it difficult for anyone without encyclopedic knowledge to pull out the distilled minimum. Most who take this book seriously would have to use the MLM products formulated by the author - in the end, unfortunately, this book is simply a clever way to promote Barron's offerings - hence the many rave reviews without a single critical thing to say - I would bet good money that these reviews are from people who have joined his MLM scheme.

What a pity. The book could have been so much better if Barron had only used his knowledge with the true intention of helping us all. It could have been a diamond but it is, instead, a zirconia, a simulation.

Yes, buy the book for the excellent general overview and information, but you will have to do a lot of research to find good quality products that will actually support your health - and if you follow all his suggestions you will have to spend a fortune.

[Later note: No amount of naturopathic techniques and careful eating/supplementing helped me much. I eventually was diagnosed, by a metabolic specialist, with severe adrenal dysfunction and serious low thyroid issues. The thyroid issue had been getting worse for 2 decades, whilst "standard" medicine denied I had either, repeatedly assuring me all their tests "proved" this. Turns out you have an 80% likelihoode of one or both, if you have a chronic health issue. - thyroiduk[dot]org[dot]uk offers a list of the very few thyroid sympathetic doctors in this country.

It's also worth knowing about "The Calcium Lie II" an intriguing book plausibly claiming to explain the root cause of most illnesses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lessons from the Miracle Doctors by Jon Barron, 10 May 2014
This book told me stuff I had never known before - and I have read a lot! Helpful and clear, makes one think of other ways to stay and become healthy. This is not a cookery book or advising a total lifestyle change just makes clear what may be needed for optimum health in the form of additives or certain vitamins etc. Describes why and how our diet needs changing and how we are so often deficient in what the body really needs. Written in an informative and chatty way, with a good index to take you straight to help you may need.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Health Bible, 11 Jan 2014
An absolute must-read for people who want to find out how they can help themselves obtain better health - or rather: take on the responsibility of learning about their own wellbeing and what to do or not to do.
For us it has become one of the most important books in our health book range.
Emm :) :)

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent book (part 2) - incomplete description by Amazon, 3 Jan 2011
Mrs MV (Pembrokeshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I highly recommend 'Lessons from The Miracle Doctors' by Jon Barron. Unfortunately The book I purchased was Part 2 and only contained Chapters 13 and above. This was not stated/made clear in the description given by Amazon and I do feel cheated.