4.0 out of 5 stars Realy Useful Dictionary, 31 May 2010
Mr. Steven Fynn (Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Medical Spanish Dictionary Pocket: English-Spanish, Spanish-English (Paperback)
This certainly lives up to its title, fiting nicely into your pocket. The typeface is on the small side so if you have eyesight problems a magnifying lens would be useful. A comprehensive dictionary though its size does not allow as much information as I would have liked. I have failed to manage to translate a Cardiology condition so far. The dictionary just translates terminology without explanations though it does give some examples of further usage. It also comes complete with several line drawings of the body and organs which have been labeled in English and Spanish. These cover the male torso, skeleton, eye, ear, abdominal caviy, lungs and cross sectional drawings of the reproductive organs. If you require something to translate medical phrases only then I would recomend the Medical Spanish Pockettool by the same company.

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm Not A Medic, But..., 27 Nov. 2010
Jikky (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
I'm not a medic, but this dictionary is ideal for when I come across medical terms. It may not be exhaustive, but for quick reference, it's very handy. I do have eyesight problems, but as I'm not needing it every day, the print size is OK. The diagrams are quite detailed, apart from the diagram of the heart, which is the oddest diagram of the heart I've seen.
NB:The book states that the terminology is specific to Mexico, Puerto Rico, Cuba and other countries. I don't know if this means that European Spanish might be slightly different at times.
I find it a bit puzzling as to why the book's cover has a map on the front and not something medical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, I'm not a medic but it has contained every medical term I've needed so far...., 22 Aug. 2010
It is very compact and seems to be very complete, it includes synonyms and collocations (set expressions) and the secondary words stemming from a root / keyword. For the price it's brilliant!

Medical Spanish Dictionary Pocket: English-Spanish, Spanish-English
Medical Spanish Dictionary Pocket: English-Spanish, Spanish-English by Gabriele Keller (Paperback - 1 Dec. 2005)