5.0 out of 5 stars A mighty and essential book to own
Published on 9 Oct 2011 by Patrick

2.0 out of 5 stars modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
I purchased this to help with my MSc studies, after reading the reviews. I found the English version still full of American units and it found the book inadequate in the theory section. I would put this firmly as a tradesmans publication where I am sure it would provide very comprehensive coverage.
Published 19 months ago by Mr. D. W. Silk

5.0 out of 5 stars A mighty and essential book to own, 9 Oct 2011
This review is from: Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (Modern Refridgeration and Air Conditioning) (Hardcover)
Having commenced a 2 year day release type college course in refrigeration and air-con, I asked a friend if there was a book he recommended that would help me in my studies. As a mature student with absolutely zero knowledge of the ways of refrigeration, and having seen a mountain of books that seemed suitable, I was in a quandary as to which would best suit my needs. He, as a local well respected refrigeration engineer, simply said, there is only one book, but it's expensive, buy this and you can safely ignore the rest. Do make sure you get the metric version, the earlier ones, being American, were all imperial which means lots of conversions to do.

Well, I shelled out the required kings ransom, and purchased the latest (metric)edition. My goodness what a book it is, unlike most British bone dry books, this one is clear, straight forward, and lavishly illustrated throughout. I have never seen so many illustrations.

What can I say ? the man was spot on,I would have spent many times more than this buying countless books, and to what result ? I suspect I would have ended up with a lot more paper but less content. So, if you are serious about the job, be serious about your money and get this book, it will never be a regret and to be honest, having read some of the book, given what I now know, I would pay double and think myself well served.
ISBN 1-59070-280-8

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, 7 Jan 2012
I received what I believe to be the first print of this Book back in 1973 and still use it for reference to this day.
Well worth the money.

2.0 out of 5 stars modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, 3 Jan 2013
Mr. D. W. Silk "Del" (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 26 April 2012
A must buy book for anyone in the refrigeration business. Anything you need to know is in this book, worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding book in its field, 5 July 2012
This book along with its associated study guide (bought seperately) if fully read and understood leaves no stone unturned on this subject, leaving only practical experience to gain. The only downside is that although it says SI units for the most part it majors on imperial measurements which are still the units of measurement in the USA.
Nevertheless this book very comprehensively covers the subject matter with over 1000 pages of heavily illustrated pages, this book is truly a heavy weight in both size and content. If you are new to (or experienced) in refrigeration this book cannot fail to impress. Worth the heavy price!

57.19