on 28 November 2007
I wanted to find a book helping me to understand why using CSS and why web design was so important in our everyday internet life. This book is just what I needed. First of all, if you like beautiful books, it is one you will like. It is about web design, it is logical to have a well designed book, but sometime it is not the case. Here, you will love having it in your hands and turning the pages.

In terms of content and organisation, it is just perfect for an advanced user. I did not want the author to explain that a div.myclass was a CSS selector referencing a HTML <div class="myclass"></div> but instead explaining the different ways to rearrange a HTML code generated by a CMS for instance.

Last point is that the book gives good advices for someone wanting to catch up with the most recent designers inclinations such as detaching the html generation from the style, or using only W3C standards methods. I have a very strong technical/theoretical education when it comes to computer science and entering the world of design is not easy. This book makes the first steps in this new world very easy and comfortable.
on 22 May 2008
When I bought this book I had already read several good books on modern css and web standards, so I was searching for something to go a step beyond. Learning new things it's a way of keeping me interested in this job.

If you already know the basics, this book will hopefully inspire you and make you try new things as it did for me.

Each chapter is written by a different author and that makes the book specially inspiring and easy to read. It covers a different area of web design on each chapter and you get as many different ways of dealing with a project/design/code.

I have my sample full with bookmarks and notes and after six months it is still always close to hand, specially when starting with new projects.