"But the high places were not taken away; the people still sacrificed and burned incense on the high places." -- 2 Kings 12:3 (NKJV)

Anyone reading this book will wonder whether it's more fiction than fact when it comes to recounting the drug smuggling life, but the point is the same: Don't do it!

I read the book while on a long plane trip while having too little reading material. I'm not quite sure I would have finished it otherwise. While it's a cautionary tale, I'm not sure that it added anything to my life or valuable understanding. But then, most novels and nonfiction books have that in common . . . they don't add much value.

The book's most interesting points are the author's strong sense of irony, which he uses to make the autobiographical elements more intriguing.

If you aren't into irony, you will probably think this book isn't worth three stars.

If you doubt its veracity in the details, you'll rate it lower.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 27 December 2006
I have read a lot of true crime/ drug smugglers book smugglers over the years and have to say that Brian O'Dea could have written this book a lot better than he has. To start he has a very irritating way of telling his story, by making shore that every over chapter being about his time in prison witch just seems to be an attempt to try to ad pages but the only thing it does is bring the book down from good to ok. However the book has its moments even if I got the feel that it was more about this cocaine problem than his marijuana deals or his international drug smuggling. I would say it's ok if you just started to read books of this kind but if you have read snow blind or loaded then you will be disappointed
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again