Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Learn More Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Learn more

Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 April 2011
I have quite a few books and audios by Pema Chodron and "Taking the Leap" has given me an enormous insight into the practices of Buddhism and is so elegantly and clearly written that anybody could put her words into practice. She shows you the way and you either follow her teachings or not, it's as easy as that!!
on 10 December 2012
Brilliantly shows a way of getting unstuck from unhelpful habits, addictions and patterns. For anyone with the courage to follow the guidance in this book it could mean liberation.
on 20 May 2011
I have suffered from anxiety for many years, no medicines were any better than making symptoms less severe. This book has inspired me and allowed me to approach what was beneath it all. Strongly recommend.
on 6 January 2013
This is a very short book, but that in no way diminishes it. Time and again Pena Chodron reminds us the simple basic truths that can really transform how we react to situations. Nothing complicated, nothing esoteric, just clear gentle reminders of how things are.
on 1 February 2013
Pema is a fantastic writer of the Dharma and I so appreciate and value her pithy teachings. Her writing is succinct and to the point and really has a huge impact on my life. Thanks Pema.
on 7 June 2011
Pema Chodron writes in an easy to understand practical manner. I think it is accessible for everyone and every level. Also although she is bhuddist, her writing crosses all fields and is not limited or bound by a particular faith. I like her writing very much. I have also read Start Where You Are which I want to buy for all my friends.
on 21 August 2012
Pema Chodron's work has become a constant companion over the years. One of the least obtuse, most accessible spiritual writers I've come across.
on 24 January 2013
This book is absolutely brilliant if you are in a crisis. It explains the useful technique of pausing to allow what needs to be felt to arise spaciously, rather than suppressing or acting out. A little bible for those times when we have lost balance...she seems to have this way of bringing me home...even if it's just for a second or two, and reminding me to pause frequently throughout the day. For those times when I just can't get through the inertia to arrive serenely on my mat and meditate....when I am trying to run away from the present, this is the book. Her words are fresh, not cliched. She walks her talk and uses wry, amusing and humbling anecdotes that keep you engaged..
As effective as "The Power of Now", by Tolle
on 4 December 2012
Pema Chodron writes in a way that I can relate to and easily understand. She reveals her own weaknesses and fears, uses a lot of "everyday" examples and thus makes the subject matter very accessible. This book comforts and encourages. A great gift idea for someone who is going through an upheaval and is afraid of change.
on 29 May 2013
Another great book and read by Pema Chodron, very warm and inviting with a very accesible format. Can highly recommend any of Pema's books.