5.0 out of 5 stars Interested in the philosophy of yoga?
This book is an excellent resource for those interested in exploring yoga philosophy. It is not a 'flick through' book and rightly needs to be read with due thought and consideration. It definately gives the knowledge to bring philosophical aspects of yoga to all aspects of your inner and outer life.
Published on 6 Aug 2009 by melia

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Heavy
I have dipped into yoga practice at various stages over the years but recently I have become much more interested in the practice and, in particular, the philosophy and ideas behind yoga. For this reason I bought this book.

Published on 6 Feb 2009 by El Tim

5.0 out of 5 stars Interested in the philosophy of yoga?, 6 Aug 2009
This review is from: The Inner Tradition of Yoga: A Guide to Yoga Philosophy for the Contemporary Practitioner (Paperback)

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Heavy, 6 Feb 2009

It started off quite interesting and easy to read but became progressively more complex until it became quite difficult to follow. About half way through I decided that I wasn't enjoying it nor was I retaining any of the information so I gave up.

I then read Sivananda Buried Yoga which I found much more readable and plan to read other books on the history and traditions of yoga and then I may try and attempt this one again.