5.0 out of 5 stars Priceless
Published on 11 Nov. 2010 by kollkowski

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new in his book just like extracts from other books
Nothing new in his book just like extracts from other books, pretty stupid really, don't buy and get one of his classics.
Published 3 months ago by Hazzo

5.0 out of 5 stars Priceless, 11 Nov. 2010
This review is from: True Love (Hardcover)
True love - has been the first step to saving my relationship. If you want to find healing and simple heart warming advice on how to be your own life's gardener, turning garbage into flowers, pain into understanding and love then look no further. As always Thich Nhat Hanh just finds the right way to help you look at yourself and people around you with compassion. He makes me want to take care of the pain instead of suppressing it which causes so much suffering in relationships. 5 Stars are not enough for this little gem of a book. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars TRUE LOVE, 7 Dec. 2009
Jonathan Horwitz (Copenhagen, Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: True Love (Hardcover)
True Love: A Practice for Awakening the Heart is a must for anyone who dares to cross the line into mindful relationship, whether it be with a life partner, or family members, or friendship, or people you pass on the street. All too often do we enter relationships - or find ourselves in them - without realizing deeply what we are doing. Relationships are not easy. The prime ingredient which all parties must bring is Love. Some may ask, what does a Buddhist monk know about Love. The answer is "Everything!"
Go on! Get this book and read it and live it. Your life will never be the same, and you'll be happy about that!

5.0 out of 5 stars just buy it, 3 Mar. 2012
This review is from: True Love: A Practice for Awakening the Heart (Mass Market Paperback)
I was given a copy by a friend and have subsequently passed this little book on to others.
It is a lovely reminder of how to treat the loved ones around you with more consideration and love.
It is short which is great to dip in and out of.
Read a chapter every night after having a row and it reminds you to apologise at the very least !

5.0 out of 5 stars A clear and well thought out self help book, 28 Feb. 2013
Lady Vibart (north wales, Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This is one of several books I have by Thich Nhat Hanh. His style is simple and informative but never judgemental. He carefully and thoroughly works through what makes a relationship of any kind work and what needs to happen if it isn't working. This is not a quick fix but a way of relating to significant others. in our life. His explanation of deep listening is very useful as so few of us really know how to do it, whatever our profession, and yet it s fundamental to understanding others and being understood. Really if we can't and don't know how to really hear the other person, then there is little hope for the relationship.His compassion shines through and he reminds us that if we can be compassionate to our selves, we can be compassionate to others and so much more tolerant of what we perceive, through our own very personal filter, as their short comings. He uses examples to illustrate his point and if you want more fulfilling relationships with family , partners and friends, this is a good place to start for lay people or professionals. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small book, simple message, 12 Nov. 2012
Amazon Customer (Milton Keynes, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a very short book; it can be read within an hour. The message is also very simple; we should love unconditionally, which is based on the philosophy of non-attachment and mindfulness. Thich Nhat Hanh applies core buddhist concepts and applies it to romantic love. It is sound advice and will probably help in any type of relationship. The only thing is the book is brief, so don't expect a long read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 15 Aug. 2010
I love this book, it is a small book but for the depth & beauty within it,s pages, as the old saying goes size doesn,t matter in this case :-). I highly recomend this book & in fact every book that Thich Nhat Hanh has written, he is such a gentle, loving wise soul who we can all learn so much from, enjoy my freinds.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my fave books, 30 May 2013
This book will truely shed light on your relationships. It will help you to change yourself so that you can love others in the way they need not the way you want. Detaching selfish love from selfless love.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read Book, 20 April 2012
I gave this books to many of my friends as a birthday gift. The feedbacks are worth every penny. It is a life changing for them as well as mine. If you haven't learnt how to love yourself and others, this is a book for you.

Life will be less stressful and more peaceful, if you know how TRUE LOVE is like? You can embrace yourown self and tell your poor little self inside you that "There, There... I know you are fear and lonely, but I am here for you". Your trueself understand that whatever happened, you are capable enough to feed in the love and kindness touch to calm it down. If you can accept you good and bad self, you surely be able to accept both the good and the bad of the others.

This also gives you a space to grow and be more loving to other people. If you get angry and want something to cool down the flame inside your heart this is a lemonade for you.

"It is truely unconditional love even for yourself". May all of us free from ill will and enjoy all the beauty of ourselves and others who sharing this world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, 19 July 2011
I never heard of Thich Nhat Hanh and his book before I stumble upon it at a friend's place. I started reading it and soon after got it for myself. This book is a goldmine when it comes to explain what love, for yourself or others, is. It especially shows you how to express this love in order to help, not hurt... the people you love. We all know how hard this is but with the help of these wonderful wise teachings you can find ways to do so. Moreover, with these wonderful words, this book will as well help you reach inner peace. Please, read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars True Love, 22 Feb. 2012
Mrs. Judith C. Kelman (UK) - See all my reviews
I agree that this book deserves more than 5 stars. This is a little gem. As soon as you begin reading you feel the Love that was put into the writing, and all the wisdom is like balm to the soul, especially if you are suffering the pain love and relationships can bring.
I agree that what stood out for me was the idea of sending Love to our pain instead of suppressing or hiding it. Also the practise of sending Love in affirmation/prayers to the other person in the relationship.
All in all a very valuable book. I thank the friend who mentioned it to me.
This book re-affirms the world's need to practice Loving Kindness....to ourselves as well as to others.

True Love: A Practice for Awakening the Heart
True Love: A Practice for Awakening the Heart by Thich Nhat Hanh (Mass Market Paperback - 9 Oct. 2006)