5.0 out of 5 stars truly contemporary
Published on 10 Jun 2012 by Lex

Too early to review
Whatever I have read, I have liked,primarily because it is only the second time I have laid hands on Patanjali's truly extraordinary work which he so selflessly put together for the guidance of humanity,as long there is,humanity
Published 14 months ago by Sadhguru Bhakti

5.0 out of 5 stars truly contemporary, 10 Jun 2012
The Yoga Sutras's of Patanjali are recognised as one of the most ancient timeless teachings of all times. Chip Hartranft's new translation has already become one of the best contemporary interpretations of the Sutras. This book has first priority on the reading list I hand out to my students, as well as it has profoundly inspired my work as a lecturer in Eastern philosophy and Eastern psychology . I highly recommend it to everyone who values the teachings of the Sutra's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Content and Commentary, 1 Mar 2013
K. E. Ideus (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Yoga-Sutra of Patanjali: A New Translation with Commentary (Shambhala Classics) (Paperback)
I read a section of this every morning. The author provides a translation that easily speaks and follows with thoughtful, meaningful commentary. When I bought it, I was hoping for just the Yoga-Sutra, what I got was much more and I'm thankful for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 3 Feb 2014
Great book with a down to earth and relatable commentary. I would recommend this book to anyone on the path.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant translation!, 17 Nov 2012
Michelle Hill "Micqui" (Coventry, UK) - See all my reviews
A Buddhist perspective on the Yoga Sutras. Bringing a different perspective to the Sutras than other translations and more emphasis on the 3rd and 4th chapters.

3.0 out of 5 stars Yoga-sutra of Patanjali's New translation ,a shambala publication, 9 Jun 2013
Too early to review
A simple and concise effort. However,would have preferred more detailed and realistic explanation of the time factor that each stage might take a beginner to evolve through
especially because this experience is not sensory,hence,a totally new dimension of which the reader has no awareness of.Otherwise the reader might discontinue reading and the practice. I feel the primary idea of writin should be to transmit information to help the reader to achieve not only to sell the books!
It is meant to be a constructive opinion

12.99