5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty and practical projects
Published 3 months ago by Lulubelle

2.0 out of 5 stars Returned
Published 21 months ago by Me, Myself and I

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty and practical projects, 12 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Zakka Handmades: 24 Projects Sewn from Natural Fabrics to Help Organize, Adorn, and Simplify Your Life (Paperback)
I really like this book. It is split into four sections: Everyday; Bags and Pouches; Baby and Young Child and Handmade Kitchen. There is a good balance between both pretty and practical. My favourite section was the Bags and Pouches as there is a good selection to choose from. The instructions are full with good tips and are easy to follow. There are some good original ideas that I haven't seen before such as a cutlery holder which would be useful for a picnic or alfresco dining, and also for storage. I also really like the Bento lunch bag which would alternatively make a great toy or crafts bag, as it is shaped like a bucket tote, but also features an inner drawstring top meaning that nothing can fall out and also the contents of the bag are well protected. In terms of patterns, most of the designs use rectangular or square pieces so don't require a pattern as such, but of the few designs that do, the author has included full size patterns as much as possible with just three patterns requiring enlarging by 200%. I am an intermediate sewer but there was still plenty to interest me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zakka Quilting, 15 Sept. 2013
A good all round book for design ideas. I liked the format and would recommend it to people who need inspiration

5.0 out of 5 stars Zakka handmade s., 18 Sept. 2013
I found this book needed time to digest.
I loved the designs.
The patterns were very good needed a lot of time to work out
I gave this book to my grand daughter to make some things and she did not find the book difficult

5.0 out of 5 stars zakka, 25 Aug. 2013
There are lots of nice projects in this book and it is well illustrated and the instructions are easy to understand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction to Zakka, 20 Feb. 2014
Mrs. G. Foster "Gill Foster" (Inside the M25) - See all my reviews
I like the projects in this book. They are well describes, and the photography is excellent. I have already made a list of projects I will be making

5.0 out of 5 stars super, 2 July 2014
V gold service and an excellent book well worth buying

2.0 out of 5 stars Returned, 27 Aug. 2013
After reading this book I was incredibly disappointed with my purchase which has made me return it. I found that the patterns were quite dull and uninspiring. The only thing in the book that I would make would be one of the bird purses for my niece however I was determined not to keep it just for that. Therefore I am returning it to buy a more suitable and attractive sewing book that will be well used in the future rather than just sitting unused and unloved on my shelf.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointing, 16 April 2014
I bought this book being a fan of zakka and although there was a couple of projects I would make I was fairly disappointed with this. I think if you are fairly new to sewing and want something with an overall variety of smaller projects then this would be fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Mar. 2015