Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 July 2002
Thief of Hearts by V.T. Murray is an engaging murder mystery that held my attention throughout the the whole book. The chapactors are spellbinding and the plot intriguing. I look forward to the next book in Ms. Murray's Lambert Series.
on 7 May 2007
I bought this book because I saw it on a recommended books list here in Amazon. Oh my God, there is no story here, the writing is awful, spelling and grammar mistakes all throughout the book. I don't know why it got so many good reviews? Is it because of the sex bits? That alone does not make a story, let alone a book deal! I won't ever be reading anything by this author again.
on 7 July 2004
I ran across this book one weekend as I was visiting a friend out of town. It was a cold, rainy afternoon, and I was alone. My friend had to go out for a few hours and I was bored all by myself so I decided to check out my friend's in-home library. Afternoons are great for romance so the title "Thief of Hearts" quickly got my attention. The title made me pick up the book but the seductive introduction kept me anxiously turning the pages. I finished the book but wanted more. Thank the "Good Lord" my friend had the whole 4 book set in the Lambert series! Well, to make a long story short...I wasn't much company for my friend the remainder of my stay that week! Ha! I had such a fun time reading this delightful mini-series. I would gladly tell anyone to buy all 4 books and snuggle-up, get cozy, and let Victoria Taylor Murray's magical pen steal your heart away. I look forward to discovering more books by this fun writer!
on 29 February 2004
TOH was the first of 4 in this fantasy series. I enjoyed the introduction book and look forward to the remaining books in the series. Just ordered them as a matter of fact. I thought the clifhanging plot was great and I must say it pulled me in!
on 26 June 2004
I enjoyed Ms. Murray's fun Lambert series, each book got better and better and when it finally ended I felt sad...almost like I had to say goodbye to friends. What's next? Another series? A return to Lambert, I, for one, hope. Kudos on your fun story!
on 6 July 2004
Any book that holds my attention long enough so I can escape from my hectic life for a short period of time each day gets my personal seal of approval. Each book in the Lambert series gave me exactly what I read this fun genre for. I'd like to thank V.T. Murray for creating such a wonderful soap opera for me to get lost in. I'm now ready for another story to lose myself in. Just hope we don't have to wait too long for her to pen out another one!
on 29 August 2010
I seldom rate a book with one star - in fact, I think I've only done it just once before - but I really couldn't find anything in the writing that I felt might warrant anything more.

The whole premise is based around the intrigues and love lives of a social group of people that the everyday working-class or middle-class person would never come into contact with. The reader is supposed to lose him/herself in the outrageous and out of reach world of these super-rich, high-flyers. But sadly the writing is truly amateurish. I'm not a writer, just an avid reader, but my barest minimum requirement as a reader is to see some semblance of plot structure, some character development, structured narrative and descriptive paragraphs and decent editorial polish.

The plot and characterisation really did show that this book is a first for the author (I hope). There are masses and masses of grammatical errors and so I assume the publishing house is small and can't afford top rate editorial staff. But having said that, if this were my first book I'd have watched over it's development and finished product a lot more fiercely that the author here has.

My synopsis (and I have to be honest here, I didn't finish the book...) Heroine newly married to mega-rich guy who has started acting funny. She spends her lonely days drinking Asti Spumante and writing fantasy romance stories and lusting after hubby's mega-sexy attorney. Hero, mega-sexy attorney who is best friend of mega-rich guy, is in love/lust with heroine. Mega-rich guy either goes missing or dies (I lost the will to follow the story by this time). Hero and heroine deal with fall out and try to find out what's going on. Running through all of this there are various encounters with bit players who perform a variety of gratuitous sex acts, most times consentingly...

I am stunned at the number of five star ratings this book has gotten. I had been convinced it was worth buying because of the high ratings and because the price of these book is so high... what a mug.

I'm truly sorry, but the is absolutely a poor book. If you're looking for a really good author who writes about the mega-rich, try someone like Judith McNaught or Anne Stuart.
on 25 August 2005
I am having such a great time following the fun characters in this super soap. Nouri St. Charles Somers is one of my favorite characters and like most readers who are reading these books, I suppose Clint Chamberlain would be my next favorite...However, I must admit that I am beginning to like PI extraordinaire Charles Mason a tad as well. I look forward to the next book in the series with much eagerness.
on 17 April 2005
Like other reviewers, I bought this book as it appeared on several Amazon lists as recommended. It is far and away the very worst book I have ever read. It is riddled with spelling and grammatical mistakes (taking into account the American difference in English). It is so boring in storyline and full of tautology that I cringed for page after page, hoping desperately that it was going to improve. When I finished this first book and was left in what some would call a cliffhanger, but I would call mid-air, I am furious to think that I am expected to pay out more money to buy the continuations and plough through more rubbish to find out if there really is a plot in there somewhere. Do not waste your money. Buy a proper book.
on 21 March 2006
I just finished reading Thief of Hearts by new writer Victoria Taylor Murray and I loved it! I couldn't wait to go online and order the remaining three books in the set, (Forbidden, Friendly Enemies, Le Fin), and while I was at it I also ordered this writer's newest novel also a romantic suspense, The Shadow of Her Smile. I love, love, love, love, this writer's sassy writing style! She writes strictly for fun and it shows...I say...just keep penning them out! Ms. Murray is a welcome change to this genre, in my opinion.