5.0 out of 5 stars Practical & inspired new marketing thinking, 28 Nov 2001
John's approach is refreshing. It's informative, inspirational and above all practical. He has taken the plethora of research on the new millennium consumer and offered practical advice on how to turn theory into reality. A really useful book no matter which industry sector you're in.

5.0 out of 5 stars ...the pure way of looking at marketing today..., 4 Jan 2001
By A Customer
John Grant (this guy must have some brain) managed to distil some key ideas and concepts in modern marketing into digestible truths that would be silly to ignore. This is a must read for anyone involved in marketing.
It is the sort of book that university lecturers should put in reading lists across the country. I gave my copy to one of my clients (he refused to give it back) I had to buy another one -:)
This is a superb and fresh book that breaks the clutter in marketing thinking. I specially liked his treatment of social change and beacon branding.

5.0 out of 5 stars A challenging book for all businesspeople, 18 Nov 1999
By A Customer
This is not a book purely for those who work in marketing. It deserves a much broader audience - everyone in business should read this book! It challenges so many conventions, which we have assumed to be correct for so long. But times have changed - radically - and this book provides an excellent framework for, firstly, understanding these changes, and secondly, for doing something about it! I also thought it was well written and presented in a very accessible format. There are not too many business books that can make claims on that.

5.0 out of 5 stars it makes sense, 25 July 2007
Db Weedon - See all my reviews
This review is from: The New Marketing Manifesto: The 12 Rules for Building Successful Brands in the 21st Century (Business Essentials) (Paperback)
I'm in the process of starting my own company and I am very happy that this was the first marketing book I chose to read. Everything is so simple and makes perfect sense. The only thing I disagree with is that aspirational advertising is over - society has never been as celebrity obsessed as now!

The book has shown me how integral marketing is to a business and given me plenty of ideas I intend to implement. And best of all it has shown me that creating and maintaining a strong brand needn't cost a fortune in our fickle and ever changing world.

Tell anyone who is interested that this is a brilliant book on marketing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Though provoking, intelligent and passionate., 22 Oct 1999
By A Customer
Things are changing. Marketing as we know it is dying. Mr Grant steps into the breach with ideas that seem so obvious that one is left wondering why they haven't been expressed before. I found this book very stimulating, it reinforced ideas held, provoked new thinking and re-thinking on ideas that had become dogmatic or, at least, habits. I heartily recommend this book. Read it actively, talk with your colleagues about its ideas. Debate. Challenge. Think different.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book on marketing!, 7 Oct 2000
By A Customer
This has just got to be the most exciting and interesting book about marketing that has been written for a long time. I work in marketing in the media industry, and this book is full of ideas on the role of marketing in today's less than predictable marketplace. John Grant really has his fingers on the pulse of society.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and precise, 16 Jan 2001
By A Customer
Great insight into New Marketing. Very straight forward to read with excellent examples and case studies. This book should be on every entreprenuers bookshelf!

ARRAY(0xac654a5c)