5.0 out of 5 stars And really it can!
A deceptively simple little book that is a reminder that conversation is an ART. We can develop this art and it is essential that we do. This book is empowering and inspiring.
Published on 2 Sept. 2007 by Judy Barber

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh
Published 1 month ago by Ben Finn

5.0 out of 5 stars And really it can!, 2 Sept. 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for poor conversationalists, 20 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Conversation: How Talk Can Change Our Lives (Hardcover)
If you're not very good at conversation (like myself) buy this book. I've found a great way to start a conversation is to talk to people about conversation. It's not a how to book but a great piece of thinking simply written.

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 1 Feb. 2015
Ben Finn (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Conversation: How Talk Can Change Our Lives (Hardcover)
A pleasant enough slim book, which calls for people to have more and better conversations, including a bit about the history of conversation and conversations in different situations (e.g. work, family). However it contains precious little in terms of concrete examples or practical advice (other than a list of 36 rather rarefied questions to discuss at the end), and I can't say I really learned anything much from it.

It includes various slightly odd semi-abstract paintings by the author with titles alluding to conversation, though I think other illustrations would have been better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful read, 20 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Conversation: How Talk Can Change Our Lives (Hardcover)
This was a really interesting book. It brings one's awareness to the content of conversation. It was also poetically written. I would certainly recommend this book to anyone.

2.0 out of 5 stars A little dissappointed, 7 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Conversation: How Talk Can Change Our Lives (Hardcover)
Little real content other than saying conversation is good , slightly repetitive and no insight into how to improve one's conversations

Conversation: How Talk Can Change Our Lives
Conversation: How Talk Can Change Our Lives by Theodore Zeldin (Hardcover - 1 Jan. 2007)
Used & New from: £0.89