5.0 out of 5 stars This book has changed my life
I bought this book for self-help purposes, as my fear of dying was becoming more and more of a problem for me and was beginning to affect my life adverseley. I have to admit, I never thought it would have as much of an effect on me as it did.

Published on 14 Aug 2008 by Paul Bacon

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I exoected.
I feel that some of the content is a little far fetched. I was hoping for something to help me through a difficult patch, but all it did was to open up a can of worms. I feel there could be better information available.
Published 13 months ago by Karen M

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has changed my life, 14 Aug 2008
This review is from: On Life After Death (Paperback)

I was not (and am still not) a "religious" person. I do not buy into organised religion at all. Please do not be put off if you are in a similar situation. Kubler-Ross does make quite a few references to "God". But she is not talking about God in a biblical sense. Instead she is refering to a higher power. A "spiritual", rather than a "religious" force that we are all a small part of. I opened this book an atheist. I finished it more as one who is open to the possibility of there being something beyond that which we understand.

A word of warning: this book is short. I think this is a good thing as it can be re-read many times with little time or effort. Its length does mean that it will inevitably not answer all questions. Personally, I shall be reading more of Kubler-Ross' works to further my understanding.

Having read the book, I am still not 100% convinced that life after death exists. But I am now definitely open to the possibility. Kubler-Ross has made me question the world around me and my place in it and has opened my eyes to fantastic possibilities. She has given me real hope that my future does not need to be filled with fear about something I have very little control over. Death may not be that scary, after all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply inspiring, 9 Feb 2011
This review is from: On Life After Death (Paperback)
This, as one reviewer has already pointed out, is a very slim volume but if you are going through or approaching bereavement (or dying) as you read this I dare say shorter is actually sweeter. The same reviewer suggests that it is repetitive, I would suggest that Dr. Ross makes the same simple but powerful points throughout largely because we live in a culture that is deeply in denial about death and conflicted about allowing anybody to express a belief that dying is a positive part of a life pattern rather than simply a biological event. I think this is an enormously courageous book which advocates that we should learn to die and that we do this first by learning to live with purpose. It also, still quite controversially if you've ever spent time in a geriatric ward, advocates that we love and learn from the dying. I really do wish that I had this book when my father was dying as I find it enormously compassionate and full of anecdotes which even should they do not convince you about life after death will at least open your mind to the possibility. A wonderful, humane book.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read, 7 Mar 2010
R. Adlam - See all my reviews
This review is from: On Life After Death (Paperback)
read this soon after losing my Mum. The book bought me great comfort and whether or not you are reading it after a personal loss or out of general interest it is a read I would certainly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: On Life After Death (Paperback)
I could not put this book down. A very good read indeed. After reading this book I am tempted to buy more of Elisabeth Kubler-Ross's work

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little book, 28 Dec 2010
F. M. M. Stott (Devizes, Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: On Life After Death (Paperback)
This is a wonderful little book, and utterly believable, not least because of the experience and erudition of the author. Kubler-Ross was an expert on death and dying, having sat with thousands of dying patients, and listened to many accounts of "near death experiences". She had been involoved in controlled scientific experiments, in which it has been shown (for example) that even a blind person can describe in detail the people trying trying to resuscitate him, and the clothes and colours they were wearing. She had no fear at all of death, and was utterly certain that it is a beginning rather than an end. However, it is not a work of theology, and serious theologians may find some of it hard to swallow. But for anyone who fears death, who has just lost someone they loved, or who just needs some reassurance, I can't think of a better book.

5.0 out of 5 stars great reading from start to end, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: On Life After Death (Paperback)
This book is reassuring reading for those that are frightened of Death or just Interested in the subject, the book grips you from the start and is hard to put down. Dr Elisabeth Ross has years of working with dying people and people who had NDE's giving solid evidence of life beyond Death.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-changing, 10 Feb 2009
A. LETTS (Gloucester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: On Life After Death (Paperback)
This book together with her autobiography 'Wheel of life' are quite literally life-changing and inspirational. Elisabeth was the most amazing woman. In total, she witnessed some 20,000 deaths and thus has a wealth of experience to draw on. Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book, 5 Aug 2013
D. Birbeck "Jasperoo" (Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: On Life After Death (Paperback)
A good book to start with on a journey of trying to discover 'life after death questions' but short and no 'real' answers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended Text, 29 Jan 2013
C. Rudd (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: On Life After Death (Paperback)
Whether you have a Faith or not, this is a must read for anyone working in the field of terminal illness or working with
bereavement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life after Death, 28 Aug 2011
This review is from: On Life After Death (Paperback)
The arduos yet conscientious work from Elizabeth Kubler-Ross an who has worked tirelessly to conquer the taboo subject of death. She not only offers us comfort but a whole new perspective to dying and death and helps us to begin to understand the life after we have departed from our 'shell'- I have great respect and gratitude to and her patients for sharing their experiences. This book has elevated my understanding and dispelled my fears,and enabled me to think beyond the catipillic life.....

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

On Life After Death
On Life After Death by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross (Paperback - 3 May 2008)