4.0 out of 5 stars Well laid out & a good read, check for errata...
Published on 11 July 2012 by T

2.0 out of 5 stars You will still pass the exam if you read this book but....
Absurd amount of errors. Bad formatting, words missing. This is the FOURTH edition, no excuse. Wasting my time looking around for the correct answer to questions when I was right in the first place. This is not a cheap book.
Published 8 months ago by stikycheeze

2.0 out of 5 stars You will still pass the exam if you read this book but...., 13 Jun. 2014
This review is from: CCDA 640-864 Official Cert Guide (Hardcover)

4.0 out of 5 stars Well laid out & a good read, check for errata..., 11 July 2012
I think I have bought all 4 editions of this course book now, and still not attempted the CCDA exam (my own fault of course!!). This time I'm determined to sit it though. The course content does seem to change quite regularly and I was reluctant to spend more on this book which covers the exam blueprint version 2.1, when it seemed so similar to the v2.0 exam blueprint (you can view both of these on Cisco.com). However, I'm glad I got the new version, because although the changes are relatively few, they are fairly significant (virtualisation, blade centre networking, VSS, video to name a few). As I have the old v3, I could quickly see how much has changed.

I bought the book on Kindle this time, since the weight of the 800-odd page Cisco text books makes them awkward to carry around. I like the electronic presentation, although there are a few strange hyperlinks in the text on some pages. There are some errata (errors) most being obvious typos, but some more serious in the Q&A sections, so check the online errata document (it tells you how to do it in the Appendix). It's a shame the Kindle version of the book doesn't have the full test engine you get with the CD in the hardback edition - Cisco ought to release an online version of this for Kindle users. Although the price is significantly less than the hardback, and the end of chapter quizzes have lots of questions.

4 stars due to the quantity of errors and the fact the errata document references page numbers which obviously don't exist on the Kindle version! (You'd think they could re-release the electronic edition of the book with the fixes, and offer it to new/existing owners?)

3.0 out of 5 stars The errors!, 8 Sept. 2012
This review is from: CCDA 640-864 Official Cert Guide (Hardcover)
My main problem with this Cert Guide is the number of errors in it (the errata on the Cisco Press website is now 13 pages long). There are probably more mistakes in this book than in any other Cisco book I've bought (about 16 in total). Otherwise it does the job, even if it's a bit repetitive.

2.0 out of 5 stars Product damaged, 4 Mar. 2013
This review is from: CCDA 640-864 Official Cert Guide (Hardcover)
Upon receipt the product looked fine, checking pages it seems some have black splurge marks making the page unreadable.

Tried returning item for replacement with little success.... Currently not impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good official book on the CCDA 640-864 exam certification, 12 Nov. 2014
M. L. Pillai "MLPLondon" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CCDA 640-864 Official Cert Guide (Hardcover)
A good official book on the CCDA 640-864 exam certification.

CCDA 640-864 Official Cert Guide
CCDA 640-864 Official Cert Guide by Steve Jordan (Hardcover - 24 Jun. 2011)