5.0 out of 5 stars Shakespeare makes total sense at last
Published on 4 Mar 2009 by N. E. Wood

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy Shakespeare
I haven't really looked at this book in depth yet, but it appears to be what I required. I wanted to try and teach some English literature to French-speaking Belgian students and I thought this book might be a good text to use. I have yet to try however! What I do what to say though was that the delivery of the product was awful. I ordered it on the 12th December and it...
Published on 20 Jan 2010 by A. Corrigan

5.0 out of 5 stars Shakespeare makes total sense at last, 4 Mar 2009
N. E. Wood (Austria) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Romeo and Juliet (Sparknotes No Fear Shakespeare) (Paperback)
I used to think I understood the original text, but with the Sparknotes modern text alongside the original I realised just how much I had been missing. I never realised Mercutio was quite so rude! Generally I would only want the modern translation as a guide to help with understanding, but this is the exception. While not quite Shakespeare at his best it's pithy and in keeping with the spirit of the original and could certainly be used on its own to give a good flavour of Shakespearean theatre without the misunderstandings. I would certainly buy other books in this series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Romeo and Juliet (No Fear), 29 Dec 2012
This book is excellent, it has really helped me to understand the story better and to hopefully pass my exam.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantasitc, 6 Jun 2013
Ordered this for my daughter, She said it was the best study book she had used for Romeo and Juliet, wishing she had not bothered with any others and had got this in the begining. She ranted and raved about the book, so would recommond this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 5 April 2013
What more could you want to understand Shakespeare. Very easy reading and excellent value. Turns Shakespeare into easy reading and does exactly what it says on the tin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful for English GCSE, 29 Dec 2012
Excellent to prepare English GCSE, easy to read it helps to better understand the play and setting. Arrived on time

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks, 4 Sep 2014
Book perfect, teachers love it. Bought for college library. Have got others in this series since,

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Dec 2014
Exactly as advertised, does the job it claims to. Very helpful for gcse student.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Oct 2014
Have used with pupils who after using it hav undestood shakespeare

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Sep 2014
great value for that money, very happy customer thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Nov 2014
My daughter uses it for her GCSE English...perfect

Romeo and Juliet (Sparknotes No Fear Shakespeare)
Romeo and Juliet (Sparknotes No Fear Shakespeare) by William Shakespeare (Paperback - 1 Jun 2003)