1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars The depth of a patient, 20 Aug 2012
This review is from: Psychodynamic Psychiatry in Clinical Practice (This Is Not Naxos) (Hardcover)
When we start an internship of psychiatry, one of the first things we meet is the patient. And what do we do with them? What do we ask? How do we help? And worst, how do we understand them to avoid being angry with them? (thinking in borderline patients)

This was one of the first recommended books, and I just can say that I really enjoy reading it. It's written with a very understandable english and very practical. I definitely would recommend everyone working on mental health to read it.

When for the biological oriented psychiatry finds a chapter about the psycodinamic understanding of dementia, the first reaction is to laugh, but if you do read the chapter, it's very understanding and helps to see the point of view of the patient that is discovering that his/her brain is deteriorating a little to fast...

I definitely recommend this book.

Psychodynamic Psychiatry in Clinical Practice (This Is Not Naxos)
Psychodynamic Psychiatry in Clinical Practice (This Is Not Naxos) by Glen O. Gabbard (Hardcover - 28 Feb 2005)
Used & New from: £34.86