on 19 July 2011
I bought another one for my daughter in law, hope she can love it and use it as I do,
I keept it near my bedside, it gives lots of useful advice and helps me through bumps, ups and down of the creative life.

It is the third edition, all revised, rewritten of Artists Way,
I recomend it even more then the original I studied three years ago.
Richer experience, more personal also, and added advices too.

It is a book to read and do, not just go once through it.
on 7 March 2015
It's really helping me to dig deep and to keep going at a very difficult time in my life as well as artistic career.
on 3 March 2009
If you want to read the best ideas of Julia Cameron then skim through "The Artists Way". I have found the idea of using "Morning Notes" as a brain dump an excellent way of clearing my mind and of getting ideas down on paper. A lot of the other stuff is a bit dippy for my tastes though.

I started to read Finding Water hoping for some valuable ideas about perseverance and how to achieve it. I just couldn't get on with this book and got very irked by the regular references to successful friends. Nothing that I found was of use in developing my perseverance and I gave up on it.

If you really must look into this book then borrow it from a library. You will be supporting a very valuable community resource and saving yourself some money!

If you are looking for something on creativity then I recommend

The Art of Creative Thinking: How to be Innovative and Develop Great Ideas (John Adair Leadership Library)