5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous knitting book
Published on 8 Dec. 2010 by Crafty Moo

3.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for all knitters!!
I'd seen this book reviewed on a few blogs and was wowed by the styling. When it arrived I wasn't disappointed. Until...I read the patterns.
Published on 11 Sept. 2010 by D. Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous knitting book, 8 Dec. 2010
This review is from: More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts (Hardcover)
How refreshing to purchase a knitting book that has more than two things in it you actually like! Nearly every pattern is to my taste and I have convinced 4 other knitters to purchase it. Patterns are easy to follow and it's great to have some quick knits as well as longer ones. I love that there is such a range of sizes in the patterns (one jumper goes from 2yr child to Men's xl) and such a variety for varying skill levels. The only negative is that it demands all sorts of needles I do not have (and I have hundreds). Amazing what some dowel and a pencil sharpener delivers in terms of cheap, large double ended neeedles! An all round fantastic buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars More last minute gifts, 22 Sept. 2010
This review is from: More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts (Hardcover)
I have the first book which I really like so I thought I would go for this too! I'm not disappointed although still haven't gotten around to doing any of the patterns yet. The projects look very nice and the gifts are very practical I'm not sure that I will be able to complete them in the time suggest in the book but maybe that's because I do have a job too! Really looking forward to the Knicks knack baskets

3.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for all knitters!!, 11 Sept. 2010
D. Hill (Buxton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts (Hardcover)
Now, I HATE knitting with double pointed needles. This book only has a couple that aren't on 4 or 5 needles. So in my case it's virtually useless. If you like that method of knitting this is the book for you, even the scarves are done on dpns. The pictures are great and the instructions are clear. It's just not for me at all.
It should have more stars as a rating, but if I can't knit the patterns I can't really rate it higher.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Treasure!, 14 Dec. 2010
This review is from: More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts (Hardcover)
What a little gem! This book more than lived up to my expectations. I immediately embarked on one of the patterns and was not disappointed. It knitted up perfectly and more than did justice to the photographed item.
I love knitting in the round and particularly appreciate patterns like this which save hours of time stitching up seams and potentially spoiling hours of neat knitting by less than perfect seams. The seam-less little tank top I knitted for my Grandson is perfect for an active toddler, having no joined edges rubbing his babysoft skin!
The wools used are easily obtainable in the UK which is another plus factor for the patterns in this book. The times given for knitting may be a little optimistic, but I can't wait to start the next item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect "I finished it!" book!, 7 Mar. 2015
This review is from: More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts (Hardcover)
Yes. I admit it. I am addicted to color. Color everywhere – in my home, in my arts, in my knitting. I am a total and complete addict. And you know what? I have NO intention to 12-step it away!

And then, of course, there is design. Fibers, textures, unusual lines. All these things are important to me. And there a boat-ton of patterns I have in my stash that make full use of all of these lovelies. But you know what? I would have to live to be 500 to make all these things – and sometimes I can’t even get the time to make one. Sigh.

With that as the case, I am thrilled to have More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts. Sometimes you need small items for friends, birthday gifts, that sort of thing. And sometimes, when you are really feeling hammered by life, when nothing ever seems to be done and complete, well, being able to finish just one thing can sooth and calm the mind and make life better. This is the perfect book to reach that goal. From the ultra-simple, like the Reusable Hot Coffee-Cup Sleeve – it only takes about an hour to finish – to the Bright Stripes Blanket – 1800 yards of beautiful bright yarn and a longer finish time, but easy-peasy garter stitch – well, I love this little book!

The instructions are clear and Joelle gives ideas for different fibers and colours to make the same item for different people fit each person’s personal style. For me, the Toe-Up Socks pattern is going to be my go-to pattern for socks (I run around with just socks on all the time, holes are a given… ). The book also includes excellent instructions for “how-tos,” everything from binding on to binding off with Kitchner Stitch.

Highly recommended for everyone from the beginner to the advanced knitter who is looking for simple projects that bring smiles!

I received this book from the publisher in return for a realistic review. All thoughts are my own.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wide range of projects for all knitters, lovely photographs, 20 April 2013
This review is from: More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts (Hardcover)
I was fortunate enough to receive a review copy of this book, and it is rather lovely. It has a wide range of projects, from bookmarks to delicate cardigans and blankets, and there is something to appeal to all knitters. The photographs are beautiful, showing each item in more than one colour or type of yarn, and there is are clear instructions for each project. Also included are alphabet and number templates (so items may be personalised), and tips on giftwrapping and presenting knitted items.

Some of the projects are for more advanced knitters, using 4 needles or circular needles, which are not for everyone, but I guess it's difficult to please everyone at once!

It's written for the US market, so anyone who does not us US knitting terms would have to 'translate' the patterns before use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Last minute knitted gifts, 23 Nov. 2011
J. Power "Print is alive" (Dublin) - See all my reviews
This review is from: More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts (Hardcover)
I got this book from looking at superb website [...] and it's blog [...]. The book is written by the owner of a New York based shop's websites. The book is as gorgeous as the shop and in the past week, I have already knitted 2 patterns with little difficulty. The photography is lovely and the book encourages a positive confidence for the beginner. I have no problem in recommending it to budding knitters (or indeed advanced ones). My only criticism - and it's a minor, minor one, is that many of the yarns mentioned here are not available in Ireland. The author might consider putting in (in future editions) a comparison chart at the beginning of the book, to show general comparisons with yarns that are on sale worldwide. Lovely purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts ... Joelle Hoverson, 26 Mar. 2015
This review is from: More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts (Hardcover)
I should have realised that this book wouldn't be right for me when i looked at the cover and there was a hat on it. This should have warned me that the patterns in this book would not be knitted flat, but would call for knitting in the round. I've managed to knit on hat like this and it felt like i was trying to knit with a hedgehog! The designs are beautiful and if you are a knitter who can knit in the round then i would definitely say you need to buy this book. However, for me this is just going to be one of those books that i look at and sigh wistfully, wishing i had more dextrous fingers.

5.0 out of 5 stars More last minute knitted gifts, 13 Jan. 2011
This review is from: More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts (Hardcover)
This book is fab! I received it 2 weeks before Christmas and still managed to make 3 presents from it - and am still knitting. It's really useful to have each project "timed" and I have found these estimates to be pretty accurate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 18 Feb. 2013
This review is from: More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts (Hardcover)
This book is perfect for anyone in need to knit a few gifts for kids. Yes you will find a lot of patterns for free in the internet but none will be so cute inspirational as these. I now want the first of the series..!

More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts
More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Anna Williams (Hardcover - 1 Sept. 2010)