5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this book
I've bought about 10-15 printing books in the last year or so. This is by far the nicest and most inspirational. Yes, it is textile printing and stencilling, so slightly more 'crafty', but it has the best and easiest to follow instructions. I can't value it highly enough - you will lose sleep thinking about what you want to do!
Published on 8 May 2010 by fr

3.0 out of 5 stars Small scale fabric printing
Published on 14 Aug. 2010 by Curious

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this book, 8 May 2010
This review is from: Printing by Hand: A Modern Guide to Printing with Handmade Stamps, Stencils, and Silk Screens (Hardcover-spiral)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best printmaking book for beginners!, 2 April 2010
F. Battiato (Italy) - See all my reviews
Amazing book, full of useful informations about materials and techniques for printing on paper, fabric, walls, wood and so on, with wonderful photographs of finished items and easy-to-follow step-by-step pictures. I loved it! Everything a beginner needs to know about printmaking! It contains: stenciling, screenprinting (two methods), block printing, rubber foam printing, rubber block/linocuts printing, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring prints and techniques, 8 Jun. 2009
This book is amazing! The images and designs are fanstastic. I haven't stopped thinking about what I want to print since I bought the book. The only down side is that some of the materials used in the books are quite difficult to find. However,with a bit of determination I think it will be possible to find everything needed.
There are still plenty of projects and ideas which don't require specialist materials.

I would recomend this book to any one interested in printing fabrics. It's well worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally brilliant!, well worth buying, 16 Oct. 2008
L. Brainwood "ThirtyfiveFlowers" (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this as I wanted to print onto fabric to make purses and had been hunting for a good guide to techniques. This is perfect. The designs included are lovely and the instructions are clear and accurate, so the results are great! Excellent spiral bound book sits happily to your side while you work without flopping closed. The author describes this as writing the book she wanted but couldn't find, she has thought of it all and I really recommend this if you are a novice like me. I had to hunt for some of the products as it is an american book, but there is a great list of websites and suppliers in the back, so it didn't take too long.
I could print all day and can't wait for my next session!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 25 Jun. 2010
I've had this book on my wishlist for a while now and recently had the chance to leaf through it in a book shop - within seconds I knew I had to buy it at last! I have bought so many craft books which are uninspiring, poorly written or lacking detailed instructions - happily, this isn't one of them! It's so refreshing to find a craft book that you want to sit down and read cover to cover. The author writes in a succinct, interesting and coherent way, and she gives a perfect explanation of all the hand printing techniques you might want to try. The projects are simple but effective and the step by step instructions are very clear.

I disagree with the reviewer who said that the book was 'too American' and she was unable to source many of the supplies needed for the projects - I've only had the book a few hours and I've already found online, UK-based sources for everything I need!

I'd recommend this book to anyone creative, especially someone like me who is always looking for a new way to create unique handmade gifts and beautiful things for the home!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 11 Nov. 2010
I really like the book. VEry good explanations and with lots of explicative pictures.
Its a real bargain for those who want to paint in fabrics without attending any course.

3.0 out of 5 stars Small scale fabric printing, 14 Aug. 2010
Nice book that makes fabric printing accessible. Perhaps a bit too much on screen printing which requires lots of space to make a mess in, something the average household doesn't have. I like the innovative ways with repeat printing. Goes well with the Alabama Chanin books that require some fabric printing before the garments or accessories are constructed or embellished with stitch. Makes fabric printing a less scary prospect.

4.0 out of 5 stars beautiful and helpful book, 3 Sept. 2010
marta belo (Benedita, Benedita Portugal) - See all my reviews
It's a beatiful book and helps a lot who want to learn some simple printing techniques, especially in textiles and some home objects .

5.0 out of 5 stars Detailed Info, 5 Mar. 2013
Amazon Customer (Woking, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The difference between this book and others on the same subject is that this book really gives you the techniques and details to do it yourself. What inks or paints to use, what fabric, what mesh for screen printing. Diagrams on how to do it, tips. The best out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Explains what it promises, 7 Feb. 2013
First: it's a beautiful book, I love having it on my desk, congratulations to the designers.

It's a simple, direct book that covers different stamping techniques and has a project for all of these but also is perfect if just want to learn the skills and create your own projects.

The pictures are full of light so it gives you inspiration and courage to start your own projects without even caring if they are going to turn out a (or make some) mess. Also it gives you detailed lists of the (not much) material you need, which is a thing I love.

This is the only book I have about priting by hand and I feel that I won't need another one soon, so that's why I give it 5 stars.It gives you the information it promises, along with being a very beautiful book with a clean cosy design.