I love this book! It has ring bindings at the edges so it's great as it lies flat so its easier to keep your place in a pattern. If you like alternative clothing this is for you. The book teaches how to make holes in garments on purpose for some of the patterns, for a look that really rocks! Patterns include two mini skirts, a holey jumper, DM warmers, fingerless gloves, a kilt etc. Some of the patterns are made on larger neeedles with two yarns knitted together so this makes for fast knitting. If you are a beginner some of the patterns are real easy but if you don't know how to knit atal then buy something like stitch & bitch or knitting for dummies (available from amazon)along with this book to give you the basics. For me this is the kind of knitting book I won't put down as I want to knit everything in several different colours. I hope Share does another book!!
on 15 May 2010
FAB BOOK! Not only does it keep the 'how to knit' jargon brief (great for the experienced knitter) but the instructions are clearly written, the pictures are great, and there are very helpful conversion / translation charts in the back, to enable anyone to knit in any country. Really great patterns too, there was only 1 pattern in the whole book that I didn't want to knit!
on 30 June 2010
I love this book, it takes me back to the time of my youth when I was a punk, why wasn't there a book like this out then? So if like me you are a closet punk, go get it now!
on 24 June 2012
Just received this book and am now buzzing with ideas. I probably wouldn't knit anything directly following the patterns and most of them I probably wouldn't wear (I was in my late 20's during the punk era) although I am now retired, but still proudly a Goth.
on 2 April 2010
Just what the market needed, a book of knitting patterns aimed at the modern knitter. A lovely range of patterns, of all abilities, and great for dipping into. So handy in spiral-bound, too.
on 16 August 2013
Great book with some fun knits worth it if you like the unusual and funk style! Well worth buying 😀
on 12 April 2016
GREAT BOOK MY PARTNER LOVES IT.