5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book
Published on 15 Feb. 2007 by Bex B

3.0 out of 5 stars Some nice designs
I got this book at a good price. It has some nice designs, but I feel some of them have been included just to sell specific yarns and why on earth would you want to knit a siamese twin jumper? Aside from the gimmicky stuff, I really do like some of the patterns. It's a good buy.
Published on 23 Jun. 2011 by Ms. S. Benjamin

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, 15 Feb. 2007
This review is from: Knit 2 Together: Patterns and Stories for Serious Knitting Fun (Hardcover)
I am so pleased that I bought this - I was anti-celebrity endorsement of anything but Tracy appears to have a real love of knitting and brings her sense of humor to the subject. There are some really great patterns in this book (fantastic cardie with ribbons - that is seriously beautiful). As an American book the yarns are harder to find but can be sourced online, I prefer to substitute with some of the great yarns we have here - choosing them is half the fun of a new pattern!

I am already knitting two items from the book and have plans for a couple more - high praise from someone who normally only uses books for ideas and pinches bits of items to create something else

5.0 out of 5 stars Ab Fab!, 24 Feb. 2007
Been knitting since I was tiny but stopped for a while. I decided to take it up once again. But wanted something more challenging than scarves, scarves and more scarves!

So I bought this book hoping to find fun and challenging things to knit. And I wasn't disappointed!

My favorite item definitely has to be the ribbon cardi. Just about to start that and my hands already itch. (Sound familiar?) Of course not all the items are realistic. (Check out the sweater for two!) Still fun though.

Great patterns and funny anecdotes. (Had me chuckling as I took up my pins)

All in all a good book to refer to.

So if you're into knitting, BUY IT!

4.0 out of 5 stars inspiring!, 16 Jan. 2010
I love this book, it has some lovely patterns in and I cant wait to start using them. Its a great read also, not just patterns. My only gripe is that the yarns are quite obscure and I have had difficulty in locating them also nearly every pattern uses circular needles which I have never used in my life so that will be a bit of a challange!

3.0 out of 5 stars Some nice designs, 23 Jun. 2011
Ms. S. Benjamin "igerne" (London, UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous knitting book!, 28 Jun. 2009
Ms. LEL Robinson "Lucinda Robinson" (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
This is a fantastic book for those who love to knit wearable (apart from the two person jumper!),desirable and interesting projects. I loved all the written pieces about how important knitting was to the authors' lives - totally understood how it gets to be an addiction for Tracey Ullman. I was rather jealous of the cosy sounding knitting shop run by Mel Clark and wish I had something like it near where I live. There are several projects I can't wait to get started on and know this book is going to be one I never want to give away!!

1.0 out of 5 stars What a shame, 25 Sept. 2011
I really like both of the authors of this book and I like their enthusiasm and interesting stories, but I did buy it for the patterns and found to my horror that most every pattern involves either circular or double pointed knitting needles along with the usual straight type. The book gave me the impression that a beginner could easily do the patterns -I am an intermediate knitter and after reading through the patterns I know I would not be able to do any of them and I felt very very disapointed. I am not one for writing a lot of reviews but felt I just had to -to save someone out there some money and more importantly save them from disappointment

Knit 2 Together: Patterns and Stories for Serious Knitting Fun