Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 August 2010
This book offers great advice and a good few turorials on how to present your wedding images, I also found the information on creating images before during and after the wedding very useful. This is a book I would highly recommend to anyone interested in wedding photography and processing the end results.
on 8 June 2012
I was very disappointed with this book and only decided to write a review as there are such biased reviews on this book/after seeing such great reviews for it, which are completely unjustified. I am a wedding photographer and I suppose I have been spoiled from reading books by fantastic authors such as Scott Kelby (I recommend all his books highly).

This book basically consists of 10 mini-projects, which to be fair I wouldn't want to give any of my clients as my work. The projects include putting the brides and groom's faces on a cake, and making the bride and making the bride and grooms hands look like they are in space. These may be nice in theory but in practice these are not usable images and anyone with a vague idea of photoshop can do these effects without any difficulty if these are what you like.

I am sure the author is excellent at photoshop, but he is not really trying to teach techniques which will assist anyone to create anything magnificent. They are pretty outdated, I struggle to see any current bride or groom that would want to see any of thes eimages as part of their album.

I would not recommend this book at all, there are plenty of other fantastic books on Amazon on the subject which are much better value and you will learn more from.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 December 2009
Mark Chen's book is a must have for all wedding photographers. He gives us step by step instructions to process our images and transform them into something unique. The projects in the book are clearly explained whilst providing a depth of information and the tools to develop the techniques. It is possible for the photoshop novice or the more technically adept to work through this book and build on their knowledge and photoshop skills.
This book should inspire us all to unlock our creative side. Well done Mark!
on 19 May 2010
This book offers a solid grounding and introduction to using photoshop to enhance your wedding photographs. There are some good ideas, which provoke thought on how you approach your shoot; ensuring you consider what can be done in 'post production'. The examples are clear and you can download sample files from the publisher's website to practice on. The instructions are clear and for a novice photoshopper like me, I found the step by step approach worked well. Each chapter in the book gradually gets harder in terms of what it asks of you and this leads to testing your commitment. Follow the examples from begining to end and you will learn a heck of a lot about what you can do with Photoshop. That said, I would also recommend you try each chapter example with one or two of your own shots as this will give you more confidence and a better insight into how well you are progressing.
on 13 June 2010
Mark Chen's `Creative Wedding Album Design' is a great book for all wedding (and not only wedding) photographers, no matter what is their level of mastery. It offers a combination of rare insight and hands on experience on numerous creative Photoshop ideas by leading its reader step by step through original techniques developed by the author in his career as a photographer and Adobe Photoshop expert.

The book is divided into ten creative projects, which are packed with useful tips and ideas. Following the author's instructions increased my understanding on how to use adjustment layers and masks to refine images, how to master soft brush technique or implement subtle yet powerful enhancements - just to name a few. It also gave me an idea of what it takes to create original and stylish wedding album collages.

In general, the book enables readers with useful tools so that they can make the best of their images not only in postproduction but also in preproduction planning. It is an eye opening read and guide, easy enough to follow even for a Photoshop novice. Being a photographer myself I found the book extremely helpful and would recommend it to anyone who might want to make their work exceptional and artsy.