Format: PaperbackChange

on 21 June 2008
I am disappointed with this book. The synopsis promises a lot but fails to deliver. The photographs and style are outdated and in my view the techniques and image manipulation are neither inspirational or effective. If you need to have fun with your images and know little about image manipulation then you might find the book amusing and gain something from the gimicky advice but this is not fine art. It is conversational in its writing and, more annoyingly for me is offered by someone who is obviously deeply religious and wishes to make it known. "We are blessed with a talent that few hold. It is our responsibility to share it with the world" (2006:p122). I therefore felt compelled to share my views with you.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 July 2008
Americans seem to think that image making of any kind, is a gift,with God leaning over your shoulder,
and should be shared with the rest of mankind,Lynne Ferro does just that, at a price of course.Having said that,Its not a bad book,if you happen to be a rank novice, or a photographer wishing to present something different to his or her clients,thats why I give the book four stars..
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse