Format: Hardcover|Change

on 12 September 2009
I think that the main benefit that this book has provided is to refresh my approaches and methods.

I am a practicing hypnotherapist and counsellor and I bought this book because I am interested in anything that might help to develop my work with clients with new insights and methods. I believe that it has done this to a greater extent than many other books that I have read on the subject.

A general and adaptable approach for initial analysis was described that I have started to use with new clients.

I found the approaches described very competent and pragmatic with no unnecessary window-dressing designed to impress the client but rather to get results with as little fuss as necessary. I feel more confident having absorbed some of the general philosophy of the book.

There are a lot of scripts but this is not just another book of random scripts. I have already rewritten, adapted and used some of them to suit me and they felt, "comfortable". They provide a firm basis and the style is consistent. I would not expect to read all of the scripts but use them to repair and replace some of the weaker scripts that I already use and to develop new ones as required.

I had, actually, nearly stopped using scripts at all but this can lead to a certain, "flatness", due to memory boredom and repetition. This book has provided a refreshing tonic.
on 31 December 2000
This is an excellent book and one that I, as a professional hypnotherapist, would recommend. The scripts are very good and cover a wide range of conditions. The written matter on the subject of hypnotherapy relating to Erickson is also interesting and informative. If anything, I would say that I wish there was another volume with even more scripts and further written on the Erickson way of delivery and therapy by these two authors.
The book has a a variety of inductions, emerging scripts and scripts for dealing with assortment of situations a hypnotherapist may encounter in his practice. Most scripts contain metaphors which may work more effectively in one-on-one practice if they are adapted to the one's that may be more meaningful for the client.
Here's a sample script from this collection:

SWEET DREAMS SCRIPT
Tonight, perhaps tomorrow too,
your unconscious mind
can give you a dream,
a very special dream
that clarifies the problem
indicates the source perhaps,
but tells you quite clearly
how to solve that problem now.
And each night afterwards,
until you understand it,
until you decide to do it or not,
that dream can return to you
in one form or another.
And every day
as you go about your business,
your unconscious can find something,
some thought, perception, awareness,
a taste perhaps or a sensation,
or even a color,
that seems familiar
and reminds you of something,
reminds you fo what your unconscious mind
is trying to tell you,
until you fully understand
and use that understanding for you.

This second edition of the book is about one third bigger than the original edition. It has all the contents the first book has, plus much more.
on 27 April 2010
I bought this book on Amazon about a year ago, and have just realised that I didn't send in my review! Well, it has probably been the most useful book on my book shelf. The scripts are well written and easily adaptable to fit new situations. There are few books which have scrpted inductions, deepeners, metaphors and trance endings let alone a wealth of useful information and explanation drawn from study and experience. Please, if you don't buy another book of scripts - buy this one !
on 19 September 2003
Absolutely useful. Chocka block of really cool scripts, I wish there were more. A very good investment. Leading me further into the world of Ericksonian wonders.
on 17 May 2009
A wonderful companion and so user friendly. The scripts are laid out in an easy to follow manner and it has encouraged me to follow suit when writing my own.
I use this book regularly so it has become a trusted friend
on 1 February 2012
This is one of my most used books. It has fantastic scripts for a wide range of issues. Some of the language needs to be converted into English mind you, but don't let that put you off. I most frequently use his inductions for clients (he also explains well for those new to hypnotherapy which induction is best for which type of client). Good for those new to hypnotherapy or someone whose practiced for a while and looking for new inspiration. Buy it, I'm so glad I did.
on 30 August 2014
This is a very good addition to my expanding collection of Hypnotherapy books and there are many excellent scripts that I can utilize within my Practice . As with most books of this type not all of the scripts will suit every user and I will modify and adjust to maximize my delivery of a script that will suit , both my Client and also my own style . On the whole the book is extremely useful and works well for me as well as my colleagues.
on 2 January 2012
On reading the various scripts within this book I was delighted to discover a world of greater knowledge, and a wonderful insight into the world of hypnotherapy.
on 20 February 2014
This approach to hypnotherapy doesn't suit my style. I have used it for ideas to write my own scripts, but I don't like the scripts provided