5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read
Published on 17 Nov 2004 by Michael Grice

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the experienced trainer
Struggled to get into this book and found myself flicking back and forward to different chapters. Author is obviously very knowledgable and most of the content I would say is most useful to those who already know the basics of health and fitness training.
Published 5 months ago by Captain

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 17 Nov 2004
Michael Grice "www_ActiveSkills_co_uk" (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Eat, Move and be Healthy (Paperback)
As a fitness professional the advice given in this book is extremely usfeul. It helps me to explain to clients and students in simple terms the benefits of a balanced and functional life. There are some great question sheets that can be used for lifestyle analysis and the diagrams for exercises are excellent. Chek talks about the importance of primal movements, which many of us shy away from in the gym for fear of injury. Chek explains them clearly and concisely so that all exercises can be performed with good form. These are exercises that will help 99% of people with core conditioning and back problems. Paul explores metabolic typing within this book and I highly recommend reading that, along side this book, if you want to fully understand the principles behind the quotes used by Chek.

5.0 out of 5 stars the book that could change your life, 7 April 2005
This review is from: How to Eat, Move and be Healthy (Paperback)
The most fantastic and mind expanding book I have ever read! As someone who considered themselves fairly knowledgeable and well-practised in fitness and nutrition, this book has caused me to reconsider my entire way of life. It is well-written in language that is very easy to understand, and is aimed at the fitness professional and layman alike. I would highly recommend this book to absolutely everyone!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Whoever you are, you probably need this book., 7 Oct 2009
Mr. J. K. Woodrow "Life lover." (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Eat, Move and be Healthy (Paperback)
Whatever level of fitness you are at, if you are dedicated to improving your overall quality of life: BUY THIS BOOK!! Don't get too freaked out by all the informative advice inside, just take on what you can handle and afford and look forward to a vast improvement in the enjoyment of your existence. Definitely the best valued item I've ever bought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leading health and fitness book, 30 May 2007
Craig Burton "3D Personal Training Systems" (Munich and Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Eat, Move and be Healthy (Paperback)
What makes an excellent health and fitness book today?

As someone in the health and fitness profession I believe the keys are practicality, individuality and a holistic approach. Because ultimately it has to leave the book shelf often enough to work and only by directly speaking to you can it do that.

Why do most people give up when they begin an exercise program? Boredom, frustration, lack of results, disillusionment are some of the reasons.

That's why creating a realistic and workable plan is essential.

I highly recommend "How to Eat, Move and Be Healthy" because it really delivers on its promise of coaching you to eat, move and be healthier through a four step process:

1.Completing questionnaires ( to determine your current health status)

2.Develop a unique eating plan for you (Metabolic Typing)

3.Build a personalised exercise program that fits your needs

4.Fine-tune a healthier lifestyle that fits your routine.

I believe Chek delivers on his promise saying: "Whether you want to lose weight, change your body shape, overcome a health challenge or optimize an already healthy lifestyle, this book will teach you how to reach your potential."

It is one book that I find myself continually going back to for myself and my clients.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC BOOK, 25 April 2007
J. J. Lloyd - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Eat, Move and be Healthy (Paperback)
This is a fantastic book. It illustartes how to take your body from dispair to repair! Chek uses exclusive exercises and questionnaries to help you clean your body up. He looks at your nutrition in detail. It works for me and my clients!

A fantastic investment! Well worth it!

Jamie Lloyd

Fat Loss Specialist

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth The Wait, 2 Nov 2004
This review is from: How to Eat, Move and be Healthy (Paperback)
Amazing ! This is just what we've been waiting for.
A concise, easy to read and understand, plus put into place, book of how an individual can improve their health and fitness.
Paul Chek is an excellent motivator and teacher, all of his major strategies are collected in this one book.
We recommend 'How to eat move and be healthy' to our clients and any one serious about making positive health and fitness changes to their lives.
Well done Paul !

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG! Really essential reading, A true classic!, 12 Jan 2011
This review is from: How to Eat, Move and be Healthy (Paperback)
This book really is a classic in the area of health & fitness & nutrition! Paul Chek is such an amazing mind in this field, Totally Essential reading for everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars practical and informative, 31 May 2007
This review is from: How to Eat, Move and be Healthy (Paperback)
paul chek is one of the leading HHP in the states and after reading his book it soon became clear why! its a step by step guide to becoming healthier from the inside - out. paul has truely shown me how to be the best i can be. excellent!!

5.0 out of 5 stars chek it out, 19 Dec 2006
M. Fairhurst (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Eat, Move and be Healthy (Paperback)
This book does what it says in the title. Excellent for those wishing to understand how our bodies work, the real influence on foods on our life and more importantly how to put it all in to action. This book has a LOT of information, i learn something new every time i pick it up. it is for me the number one reference point regarding our health and well being. Buy it, read it, do it. We should all try to live like a caveman from time to time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Eat Smarter and Be Stronger, 26 Nov 2010
This review is from: How to Eat, Move and be Healthy (Paperback)
I recently bought the book as I have signed up to this programme with a personal trainer. I needed a different approach to exercise and diet as I was picking up alot of injuries with running and I was tired at the time. This programme is working for me and seen brilliant results within weeks. There is alot of science about foods and metabolic rates etc but there are summaries that give you the main points to consider. I think in the early days of the programme you need a trainer to make sure you are doing the work properly. Still a good reference book and motivator to keep going.

How to Eat, Move and be Healthy
How to Eat, Move and be Healthy by Paul Chek (Paperback - 1 Dec 2004)
14.99