5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, especially for vegan newbies or wannabes
I am not vegan, but as of recently I try to change my diet to plant- based. Being a newbie I am often unsure how to use and prepare ingredients which I can find in my local whole foods store. This book is invaluable when it comes to explaining how various ingredients can be used and added to our daily diet. The first chapter is titled "my natural food pantry" and...
Published 9 months ago by lovetocook

3.0 out of 5 stars Had higher hopes
I ordered this book and awaited its arrival with great excitement. Having received it and spent some time looking through it, I'm feeling deflated. It's okay.

There are a few interesting recipes amongst a few unexceptional/uninspired ones. She’s not a master chef by any stretch, I’d say she’s just a good blogger who enjoys vegan food. Some of...
Published 8 months ago by J. Summerfield

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend!, 18 May 2014
This review is from: The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out (Paperback)
Love this book. It's recipes are not only healthy but work and are delicious. I've even done recipes from this book, feeding a group of meat- loving guys.
I'd recommend this book to anyone wanting to eat less dairy, meat etc. and to anyone interested in great- tasting food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 17 Nov 2014
Lauren Rushton (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this after being a fan of the blog. I am transitioning from vegetarian to vegan diet gradually as well as having recently gone gluten free due to health reasons (only a few of the recipes are not GF so this is definitely suitable for a GF diet although a few recipes do use oats and some cannot tolerate even GF oats...) Well, this book proves that dietary restrictions do not mean that you have to miss out on delicious food. Not a huge fan of salads but other than that, I hope to try all the other recipes. Am also glad to see that not an extensive store cupboard list is needed, and the few bits that I do need to purchase are required for several of the recipes (for example, nutritional yeast and maple syrup). As with the blog, a lot of beautiful images accompany the recipes and definitely inspire you to get cooking :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 29 Nov 2014
This book is fabulous. I'm not a vegan and I have a library of hundreds of cookery books but this on just blows me away.
I've cooked so many of the recipes, the ingredients are easy to find and they are so tasty.
I'm cooking tonight for a group of meateaters: tex mex casserole with a little avocado coriander cream sauce on the side, followed by chilled chocolate expresso torte with toasted hazelnut crust.
Oh, I forgot to say, I'm also coeliac.
I could start at the beginning and just work my way through....YUM

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic cookbook, 14 Mar 2014
Just received this a few days ago so have only had a chance to make 3-4 things. All have been easy to make and absolutely delicious. The book is worth purchasing for the Apple Pie Oatmeal recipe alone. The book is beautifully presented, lots of photographs, all the recipes sound amazing and it has the added bonus of Angela's comments being very funny as well.

I have tons of wonderful vegan cookbooks (though i am not 100% vegan) but this is well on it's way to being my favourite already.

Oh, and if you haven't already done so, check out Angela's fabulous and inspiring blog.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent vegan cookbook, 28 May 2014
Excellent book with tasty, easy to follow recipes illustrated by lovely pictures. Would highly recommend this book to any one who would like to give vegan cooking a whirl!

5.0 out of 5 stars Packed Full of Inspiration, 9 April 2014
I love Angela. I love her blog. & I now love her book too, equally as much! All of her best recipes and much much more. I have loads of vegan recipes still to try. & I am not even a vegan. Just a healthy eating enthusiast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book and I like her recipes, 4 Dec 2014
Good book and I like her recipes, totally floors me though when Americans use canned pumpkin puree when it is so easy and much healthier to use real stuff! That aside her recipes seem easy to do, I have yet to read it thoroughly but like her approach.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 30 Mar 2014
I have been trying to follow a vegan diet for a while now and Angela has made this a very easy transition. I have been a fan of her blog for quite some time and have made many of her recipes, so when she said she was bringing out a cookbook I was very pleased. Although she is Canadian, all the ingredients are easy to find and the recipes easy to follow and she also uses maple syrup quite a lot! However this is a plus point because it does make everything taste wonderful and I also have become a big fan of it now, as a sweetener.

Her recipes are easy, imaginative and delicious and I will use the book a lot. Nothing is bland, boring or tasteless. Everything is healthy and the improvement you health will be noticeable after a short while. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this, essential for any kitchen, 26 Aug 2014
I would recommend this book to anyone, regardless of their diet. I've followed the author's blog for a while now and any recipes from the book or blog have never disappointed. I think this book caters for everyone, people without a lot of time on their hands, people who are health conscious or people who want to shake up their culinary repertoire. So easy to follow, loads of tips on freezing, and the ways to get the most from the recipes. I also find the ingredients to be very easy to source (in Ireland). Other members of my family who are usually wary of trying my veggie foods loved the dishes I've made from this book, with my grandparents even looking for their own copy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything it promises, 7 April 2014
I was recommended this book by a friend in Canada and I am so glad i bought it! After only a few weeks of making subtle changes to my diet using Angela's recipes I feel fantastic. A few weeks prior to getting this book I had started to exercise and was struggling. Using some of the high protein recipes - such as the flatbread and glo bars, I have found I have more energy. Everything I have tried is absolutely delicious but also straightforward. I love this book and am so glad I bought it - I highly recommend it

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›