4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous purchase, 24 Aug. 2013
This review is from: 365 Vegan Smoothies: Boost Your Health With a Rainbow of Fruits and Veggies (Paperback)
This is a very good purchase for people who are new and old to smoothies a like. The majority of the smoothies are extremely tasty, and I have only encountered one so far that I did not like that much. Not only do these smoothies taste good, but they are also very good for you. I have lost 14 pounds in weight since I started incorporating a smoothie a day for breakfast. I have cut out processed foods and that including these smoothies have made me feel ALIVE!

The layout of the book is good. The only reason why I have given 4 stars and not 5 is because I think the book could have done well with more pictures. Overall I am very pleased with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars 365 Vegan Smoothies, what an healthy addiction!, 30 Sept. 2013
I have known Kathy's philosophy for quite a while now, since I am an affectionate reader of her superb food blog (yes, please, check it out, it is worth a daily visit). This book of hers does not fall short of my expectations. It is simply superb.
If you enjoy already your dose of smoothies, you will find here further ideas and inspiration.
If you are unfamiliar with the entire concept, you will discover a new dimension and become literally addicted to these healthy and delicious nectars.

An introductory informative section provides the reader with precious knowledge of the different ingredients that can be used.
Recipes are easy to follow. The ingredients are easily available and the list for each drink is not long.
Very wisely Kathy adds a breakdown of nutritional properties at the end of each recipe.

5.0 out of 5 stars You need this in your life!, 16 April 2014
cupcake girl (The Provinces, England) - See all my reviews
Do you love smoothies but feel that a whole book all about them would be superfluous? If the answer is yes then I can tell you I felt that way too, until I discovered this book, now I'm a smoothie master and can make my own wonderful creations. This is sort of an encyclopaedia of smoothies, Kathy, the author breaks down what components to use in your smoothie and suggests flavour pairings I had never thought of before. With the exception of Acai berry, which I can't stand the taste of even in a smoothie, everything I've tried has been delicious, so far I've made about 20. My children and I go through the book together weekly and pick out 2 new flavours to try each week and enjoy a smoothie everyday after school as a snack. I won't go into all of the recipes we've tried as there are too many to mention but I can recommend: 99 raspberry cheesecake shake (my children's favourite) this is made with cashews and tastes like dessert, sweet, creamy and delicious. My favourite is 162 orange walnut cream shake. Since buying this book my children have discovered they like the taste of walnuts which they would never eat before, they used to pick them out of brownies! Smoothies are a great way of sneaking nuts and veggies into children's diets.

Making a smoothie isn't rocket science but it sure does help to have suggestions on what flavours go together to hand. I have made some disastrous concoctions in the past.

Nutritional info is included so you can enjoy these smoothies as part of a calorie controlled diet. There is a chapter on slim down smoothies (less calories, no nuts) if you're that way inclined.

The only negative comment I can make is that there are not 365 combinations in this book, some of the recipes are repetitive, for example, 2 recipes may be almost identical but one uses chia seeds and the other doesn't. That's not a different recipe, that's an optional extra. Don't be put off though, this is really a fantastic book with many wonderful ideas and if you love smoothies, you need this in your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 5 Sept. 2013
A great book, full of ideas, if you're trying to make some healthy lifestyle changes. There's also info about the health benefits of the smoothie ingredients, which is nice as some may be unfamiliar

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 7 Nov. 2013
Full of fab ideas...and all yummy so far! Even though i'm not a vegan i found the smoothies really great. Would highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good starting point if you're new to, 16 Dec. 2014
Exactly what you'd expect it to be.
Lots of choice, although I find some ingredients especially hard to come by where I live. End up often taking a recepie and altering it a bit as to whatever I have lying around. Good starting point if you're new to smootthiedom

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Amazing, 9 April 2014
Absolutely packed full of smoothie ideas. Will never run out of inspiration. Love the fact that they are all vegan. But can totally be enjoyed by non-vegans alike. Just substitute your own milk of choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, 5 Mar. 2014
I had never made smoothie's before but having purchased this book I find I am making them on a regular basis..I love it.

365 Vegan Smoothies: Boost Your Health With a Rainbow of Fruits and Veggies