1 Review

1.0 out of 5 stars Load of old cobblers!, 3 Sep 2006
Voracious for Books "Voraciousforbooks" (South London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Hideaway Saga (Arabesque) (Paperback)
According to the blurb, this is her 'acclaimed Hideaway series' I can't believe that this is acclaimed by anyone except the author and publisher. I've read some tripe in my time, but this has a special place in my memory just for the unbelievable rubbish that the author used for the classic device used by romance authors, 'The big misunderstanding'.

Parris Simmons flees her lover Martin, because her psychotic ex, hires a man to kill her, but because she's pregnant, the hitman has a change of heart and tells her to leave the state and not come back or else. Does the silly cow call the police or her boyfriend like any normal person? Hell no! she stays out of state for ten years, living in fear with the daughter she's raised alone. So the nutty ex husband, is a police officer, but he's hardly all powerful. Her boyfriend hires a private detective to find her,but waited to do this ten years later, why? Not because it makes a drop of sense but to further the insane plotline. He finds out that he's a father and comes to see her. At this point I stopped reading for the sake of my sanity and because I'd shouted myself hoarse at the author.

This book contains two other stories, that I couldn't bring myself to read after reading the first. This author has written a number of good novels, this is not one of them.

Hideaway Saga (Arabesque)
Hideaway Saga (Arabesque) by Rochelle Alers (Paperback - 1 May 2004)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available