on 3 June 2016
Good writing and easy to understand!
on 28 February 2010
Clearly you've been thinking about writing, or in the least, the process of writing, otherwise you wouldn't be looking at this book. My advice is: buy it. You won't regret it.
on 28 December 2015
Excellent service, would use again.
VINE VOICEon 26 October 2010
One day, I'll put the figurative pen to paper and write the novel I keep promising myself I will. If I manage to do so, my level of success will be due, in no small part, to this book.

The author effectively demystifies the plotting process, offering practical tips on creating the necessary building blocks to support a story from beginning to end. Each chapter ends with an exercise to undertake to help reinforce the message, which the reader can stop and do, or can leave until they've read the book and go back to.

Written in a clear, uncomplicated style, this is a book that can be read either at one or many sittings without losing its impact. I would recommend it to any budding author, or to anyone merely interested in better understanding the craft of writing.
on 20 February 2012
I cannot add much to the multitude of great reviews on Amazon.com other than to put my hand up too and say "This book was is one of the best books on writing that I know".

While there are so many vital aspects to writing, I hold plot and structure to be the the most important. There is nothing more frustrating than a book that leaves you with unanswered questions or where the plots don't flow well. When I first started to write, I bought the whole Write Great Fiction series. This title was one of two that ended up so highlighted that it was easier to spot the whitespace that the good bits.

In all seriousness, if you are embarking on a writing career (or hobby) pick up a copy of Plot & Structure and devour it from front to back.
on 11 November 2015
I'm going to give this book 5 stars because it breaks the plotting process into small easy to follow steps. Although a lot of the things you lean from this book can be found elsewhere, the author has great way of explaining them and tying them together - he does so in such a way that it makes you want get on and write something for yourself.

I think this book can be beneficial to writers of all abilities, but I think those who will benefit the most will be intermediate level authors who have the basics in place, but lack confidence in plot structure and pacing.
on 14 May 2008
An easy-to-read book, and yet it contains countless ideas and suggestions for the writer - well worth buying!
on 4 October 2013
I loved this book, not only for the exercises they make you think but for the easy, no nonsense language of James Scott. I love the way this book breaks down the text in to a way that I can understand. It really is a perfect book for anyone thinking of writing. I used the book the first day I got it and immediately got hooked on not only reading the exercises but also on the book itself.
on 28 March 2012
I did love this book. I read it from cover to cover within a week of buying it, and am fairly certain I'll be returning to it again in the future. The chatty style is entertaining whilst carrying solid tips on how to develop plot lines that keep readers hooked. Highly recommend.
on 18 February 2015
Good, concise, explanations of the various elements of novel writing. It's written in a friendly style, doesn't blind you with science, and gives lots of exercises and examples. I am part way through the book and have already learned a lot.