4.2 out of 5 stars1,975
Format: HardcoverChange

on 10 October 2007
On Page 55 in The Secret, you will read about the difference between taking inspired action (which feels effortless), versus acting to "make something happen"(which feels like a struggle). Life is described here as a flowing river, and you can either go with the flow of the Universe . . . or against it. I love this metaphor, but it is not original with The Secret (or the author of this section, Bob Doyle). In 2004 I read an entire book on this very metaphor by Steven Lane Taylor. It's called "Row, Row, Row Your Boat: A Guide for Living Life in the Divine Flow." I think it greatly refines the concepts in The Secret, and I recommend it as a follow-up to this book. It is especially helpful if you want to know how "God" fits into the picture.
0Comment5 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 May 2011
This is a great book if you are completely new to the Law of Attraction. It's where I started. As I was reading The Secret I continued reading because I was waiting for some down to earth tips and I finished it without getting any. But I did find what I was looking for in other books. The one that made the biggest impact on me was Read Me - I Am Magical. It will take you to the next level of reality creation. Another one I would recommend is Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest the Law of Attraction however the less spiritual might find this one quite challenging. Good luck!
on 27 December 2015
Dreadful book. Law of attraction theories at their most basic and banal.
on 6 December 2015
Repetitive and similar to the 'daily teachings' only purchase either or.
on 23 November 2015
I think this is the 5th time I have bought this and gifted it. Fabulous
on 26 August 2015
Not as easy to read - keep getting distracted so bought the DVD instead.
on 16 April 2015
Top quality product at very cheap price compared to shops. Free P&P also
on 13 December 2014
Great for looking at life more optimistically. Interesting and uplifting
on 9 November 2014
The secret is no more..... How to live the life of your dreams and more
on 22 January 2009
I was given this book as a Christmas present and I was quite keen to read it. However! After a couple of chapters of reading the same thing over and over again I started to get rather peeved! This book is actually quite depressing in that it lectures on and on that everything you think of, you subsequently create in your own life. Now, I agree with this to an extent. Our beliefs influence our behaviour and our behaviour influences the way we live our lives and interact with others, etc. But! To suggest that everyone could be rich if they just believed they were going to be rich and so on, is ludicrous! I don't think this is a 'spiritual' book at all. I see it as a cheap way of cashing in on the 'self-help' craze and scaring gullible people into thinking they are to blame for any mis-fortune that comes their way.
0Comment7 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse