5.0 out of 5 stars A Different Look at Thought
I decided to read this book after seeing some of Dr. Emoto's water crystal photographs at Jack Canfield's Breakthrough to Success Seminar in August. The library put me on an indefinite hold for his book, but I was able to sign up for a learning annex lecture by Dr. Emoto earlier this month on October 6 in New York. Then, last week the book became available at the...
Published on 18 Oct 2005 by Donald Mitchell

3.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating but poorly completed
This is an extraordinarily interesting book from the concept perspective. The author stumbled on the 'fact' that ice crystals develop particular forms when under the influence of words and music, claiming that this applies even to text pasted on the water container. This would be remarkable if true. However, the evidence that is provided is very poor.
First, the...
Published on 26 Feb 2005 by Angus Jenkinson

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps one of the most stupid books ever written, 3 April 2013
Great pictutres, completely stupid writing. As an example to sum up the ulta-low intelligence of the book: the author 'proves' how human conscious can directly affect water by stating that when a person has looked up at a small wispy cloud in the sky which subsequently broke apart and dissapeared that it was the person's conscious which made that happen.That is the thinking of a five-year old.It is unbelievable that an adult could write such nonsense and even more unbelievable that many people have given this book good reviews.

4.0 out of 5 stars An Interesting view on the power of the subconcious, 24 Nov 2009
Paschalis Gkogkoudis "Pgko_hermes" (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
I was interested in this book by its reference in the movie "what the bleep do we know". It is spectacular to see the images of the water crystals, having in mind that their formation is dependant on spoken words, images, music and scenery.The hidden message, to me is actually a combination of developing ideas and theories that have been long forgotten and only recently are being rediscovered and being proven by quantam physics. in that the observer, interacts with the observed". In other words that our thoughts and actions change reality. This book gives an interesting perspective as to how our thoughts interact with water. Many questions need to be answered still, but I think that book is worth having as part of the long chain of similar discoveries relating thought and effect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good starting point, 11 Feb 2008
As much as there are pages with words in this book, there are just as many pages with photographs from water crystals from all over the world - from natural springs, from tap water, and then the images that were taken when different music was played, or when different positive and negative words and statements (samples were taking from many different languages) were written on a piece of paper.

Some sample words and statements were "love" and "you fool". The crystal which formed when the word "love" was written in Japanese looked so beautiful and well defined, that it almost made me begin to learn Japanese (soon, I will). But the havoc that the statement "you fool" created - I think that all who happen to use these words frequently either when referring to themselves or others, should take a closer look to get a picture as to what it does to their bodies.

It has been known to those who are involved in metaphysical studies that the vibration of love heals the body and that vibrations of fear, hate, lies cause the cells of the body to fall apart. The pictures in this book demonstrate what the vibrations of different ideas, thoughts, emotions, statements and music do to water.

This is an enlightening book which is intended to demonstrate the effect that music and words we use have on our bodies, given the fact that our bodies are mainly composed out of water.

The current edition of the book is an expanded version of the original book which contained only pictures and was reprinted due to its great demand.

The author did make few statements, though, which I do not consider entirely correct - one of them being that "ALL is made out of water" - I believe that, at least in view of both quantum physics and metaphysics, it would be more correct to state that - ALL is made out of intelligent energy - and that water in this case was a medium for experiments which have the workings of energy and vibration at the core.

Having an esoteric background, when I picked up this book, I was expecting it to go a little bit further - as in consciously intending outcomes and projecting them upon the glass of water, instead of just writing the words and statement on paper. One can, for example, also use litmus paper to measure the changes in pH levels in water after directing focused energy charged with specific thoughts, either purely mentally or through one's hands, into the glass of water.

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazing ideas, but absolutely no scientific confirmation, 30 Jun 2010
Mr. R. O'regan (Your mum) - See all my reviews
I was very excited to read this book.. as I read the ideas are amazing.. I do believe there are things in the world we do not understand (I've had several meta-physcial experiences myself so im open to the ideas).

Annoyingly none of the ideas discussed in the book are actually backed up. The author makes out he is a scientist, and makes vast claims without rigorous scientific evidence e.g.

I'm paraphrasing "Here is a picture of a frozen water crystal where we shouted bad angry words at the water. The edges of the crystal are sharp and maligned.
Here is a picture of a frozen water crystal where we said nice things to the water.The edges of the crystal are neat and ordered.
Notice how the shapes are different."

Basically, the book gives the impression of being a scientific book but offers no explanations or statistics on how the experiments were conducted. It doesn't mean that what he is saying is not real. But it does mean that without proper statistics, the entire book (in my opinion) is a complete waste of time. I could have written the book myself.. just got lots of pictures of crystals and wrote a story.

Probably if you are not science minded you will read the book and think 'wow thats amazing'
For me myself, I believe there are many amazing phenomena in the world (eg I loved the book "The Holographic universe", now this book IS a proper scientific book, it has crazy ideas, but its supports them with large amounts of evidence.

5.0 out of 5 stars As if we NEEDED proof..., 7 May 2009
As if we needed proof that thought, intention, words or prayer influence our quality of life. Every religious/spiritual tradition teaches it, we experience everyday how positive or negative words affect us, even quantum physics teaches and PROVES this concept. But for those that require physical proof or even those who would just appreciate a lovely affirmation to what they already know - this is a good book to read and share.

1.0 out of 5 stars That is not a scientific book, 2 July 2014
That is not a scientific book. It starts with a statement of devision to god.
Not sure what it has to do with the subject matter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Food for thought, 30 Jun 2014
Mrs. E. L. Campbell "Mad Aunty" (Berkhamsted, Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
I was a little sceptical about this book, however I was completely blown away by yt? he pictures and explanations. I have since conducted a few experiments of my own and believe it or not the results were amazing. I would recommend this book to anyone who is curious about the world around us

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating!, 23 May 2014
This book is fascinating and presents amazing photographs which endorse much fundamental unspoken wisdom that has been held for millennia.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very thought provoking, 13 May 2014
This book can shake your ideas, it is a very inspiring book,
Try to keep an open mind while reading.
Dr. Masaru Emoto discovered that crystals formed in frozen water reveal changes when specific,
concentrated thoughts are directed toward them in the form of words.
Dr. Masaru Emoto describes the ability of water to absorb, hold, and even re transmit human feelings and emotions
It's an interesting book that shows the positive(or negative) possibilities when positive(or negative) energy is focused and directed.
The experiments he did with crystals are absolutely fascinating and serve as visual proof of how words can affect us.
The pictures are amazing.
This book is very thought provoking.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Universe is a conscious entity, 7 May 2014
I have not yet read the book in its entirety, but enough of it to have become hooked by its concepts,that the Universe is a living conscious feeling entity,.. which is something I have believed for years; but It is nice to have it confirmed for me, and it would appear likely that I will uprate my review when it is finished. My two friends that recommended it to me will be pleased.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Hidden Messages in Water
Hidden Messages in Water by Masaru Emoto (Paperback - May 2004)
Used & New from: 0.01