Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 4 June 1999
This is the best parenting book I have ever read and used. It has more applicability and direct relevance to my parenting than any other.
I saw the author of this book interviewed on TV a while back and decided to buy this book. I was intrigued by his philosophy to teach your children at age eight, and to teach kids that sex is the "most wonderful, awesome thing in the world."
I read the book and decided to give it a try on our nine year old. We followed their directions and dialog pretty closely and even used the children's book "Where did I come from" as part of the discussion (this is the book they recommend). We made it a special night for just our son, taking him to his choice of restaurant and having the discussion in a secluded area there.
It worked better than I had ever imagined. We had a wonderful evening sharing this marvelous secret, and setting the record straight in his mind. There were a few embarassing moments (like when he would look up from the book and say, "really, that's what you do? OK.") and my wife and I were quite nervous.
However, after the discussion our son actually thanked us and said how glad he was to know the truth. We felt a closeness that we have rarely felt with our boy. I truely feel we have created a basis on which our parent/child relationship can build. He now feels he can talk to us about anything and he knows we will be upfront with him. I am now giving this book to all my friends with kids. In my mind, this is how sex education should be taught!
on 10 November 1998
This is an amazing book. Of course, I am a little biased because I am the Eyre's daughter. Regardless, I wanted to write a short reveiw because I think that the children of "parenting experts" probably give the most realistic reviews. In fact, I am the product of what they sugest and teach. This book gives clear, aplicable and practical sugestions to help parents talk to their kids and teach them about one of the most importat issues and challenges kids confront. It's a hard world and sex is a hard thing to figure out, there is so much misinformation going around. The media gives so many false impresseions and it is easy to get confused and do things that you would always regret. I am so thankful that my parents had the courage and the concern to talk to me while I was young, opening the lines of comunication and helping me to know what sex is and isn't, what is appropriate and safe and what will eventuallly make me the happiest. I honestly don't know where my life would be if they haden't. It is a real issue, and so many parents choose to avoid it because it is hard to address. I truely think that so many things would chage in this world if more parents applied the advice and suggestions outlined in this book.
on 25 November 2015
a good approach on how to handle your child's questions
on 29 June 2013
This book promotes marriage and pre-marital abstinence. I'm sorry I bought it and as soon as I've finished this review it's going in the bin. It is worth zero stars.