5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a cookbook
Published on 27 Jan 2007 by Lolly

2.0 out of 5 stars Need pictures to inspire
OK full of recipes but few if any pictures of the end product. Find pictures can inspire, they give a goal, without them it's harder to get motivated.
Published 12 months ago by C England

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a cookbook, 27 Jan 2007
Lolly (Merseyside, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The American Diner Cookbook: More Than 450 Recipes and Nostalgia Galore (Paperback)
Having travelled a lot in the USA I started a collection of Regional American Cookbooks. I came across The American Diner by pure chance, thinking that it sounded quite good. I was wrong! It is much more than "good" it is quite fabulous. I have tried out a good deal of the recipes, all turned out well. The section on Burgers in particular I found to be quite invaluable and have cooked many of these with great results. All the recipes are written clearly and are easy to follow. Don't be put off if like me you live in England as all the ingredients used in the book are available here. On another note, the book is full of charming pictures of Diners of the past and a little story attached to each of them. I can't rate this book highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 29 Nov 2007
ScrummyDoDa (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this book not too long ago as the other reviewers raved on about it and the synoposis sounded lovely! The reviewers and the synoposis were not wrong! This book is amazing! All the recipes you can think of that would be in a Diner in America are in this book! I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mouth watering, 3 May 2008
This is probably the best cookbook in my collection. I love food, especially American food, and everything that I've wanted to sample and never got the chance to, is in this book waiting for me to cook. I can't wait.

5.0 out of 5 stars money well spent..., 10 Mar 2010
this book doesn't only contain great recipes but gives you an insight into the diners of america,it gave me a strong yearning to actually visit a good ol' no frills good american diner,something i hope to do very soon...

4.0 out of 5 stars American Diner, 14 Jun 2009
Mr. Af Smith "Cue" (UK) - See all my reviews
Interesting book with many a good recipe to try out. It's stirred a hankering for a road trip though..

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great cook book, 14 Jun 2014
m.k (basingstoke) - See all my reviews
This book gives authentic diner recipees that are great and easy to make along with some history. Makes it an enjoyable book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not one recipe I wouldn't want to order if I were in one of those diners!, 19 Jan 2010
I've just recieved my copy of this book and it holds ALL the types of recipies I hoped it would!
I'm particularly excited by the apple omelette with sausage links, blueberry pancakes, sloppy joes, hawaiian burgers, cherry cola, banana ice cream soda, peach cobbler, candied sweet potatoes, the list goes on! Many of the classic recipies you'd expect plus a lot more.
All the recipies are easy, nothing that anyone would struggle with. The American cup measuring system is used in some recipies but measurements are easily converted for anyone who can use google!
It is a book I would whole heartedly recommend - my only initial disappointment was that it was a large paperback. For some reason I had it in my head that it would be a hardback and with glossy colour photo's of the diners (they are black and white). Don't let this put you off though! It's mouthwateringly good! Go order your copy now! :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Need pictures to inspire, 14 July 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Its ok...., 18 Oct 2008
N. welch "Kitchen lurker" (In the kitchen) - See all my reviews
I like the recipes in the book there are some things there that are quite different for someone from the U.K, my reservation about the book is i would of liked to see a few photos of the food as it always leaves me wanting a little when you arent sure how somethings should be presented.

Its obvious how to serve soup a burger but there are some recipes which it would of been a great help for.

I really like the ideas in top secret restaurant recipes:creating kitchen clones as this gives you a real idea of how things should go together.

Like i say though the recipes are really very good and easy too follow as well.

2.0 out of 5 stars american diner, 25 Jan 2010
A Kid's Review
book is ok - has no pictures or descriptions just the recipes so if you don't know what it is you have to try and decipher from the ingredients

The American Diner Cookbook: More Than 450 Recipes and Nostalgia Galore