on 26 July 2009
Hi, my name is Nick, and I am a textile art and designer.

I am an avid book reader, specially to do with textiles, mixed media, etc.
I saw this book here on Amazon, and was very impressed specially as it had a 'Look Inside' section. (I cannot thank the author to allow this, as it is due to this facility I was able to read the index and get a general feel of the content of the book!)

This book is one of my best buys this year!
I would recommend this book to those who enjoys any form of craft and mixed media!
This book I feel is for those who are at a confident level of craft, and have a thirst to learn more, get to find find out about other professional artists in different area of crafts.
The artists share their lives, and you get to find out more about them through their blogs, detailed in their sections.

This book is so inspiring! Its for the person who has every craft book known to man, because this is so different, excellent gift idea for those craft people who you know, who loves books and you just don't know what to get them!!! They will love you for ever!!!!!

I love this book the best, as it gets creative people to think 'out of the box', to look beyond their own corner to see the bigger picture out there, and meet the amazing people in the book up front, which is vary rare these days!

The presentation of this book is totally fabulous, inspirational, colourful and professional.
It has a section per chapter called 'try this', which enables the reader to think, explore and try new challenges!

For those artists who want to go the next major step forward, in marketing and publising their art work, it has all those detail too! It is an American book so I am not too sure if the info applies across different countries, as I have not read that section yet.

The construction of the book is excellent, in that its soft back, with a lovely matt sheen to it, and the pages with the information without the pictures is art in its own right! The artists works are stunning, and there is an amazing collection of mix media artists, which will amaze and stun you!

I give this book 10/10 in all areas, but for me, the main area I loved the most, was that it expanded me. It gave me the confidence to move forward with in my own field more, and it gives me the confidence to try, explore and incorperate with in my work, other areas in mix media too!

I cannot thank the author for such an amazingly talented book. Keep them coming!
on 24 April 2012
I was a bit disappointed with this book. I bought it on the strength of other reviews but it was not as practical as I was led to believe. Having said that, it is beautifully presented and does give real-life examples. I just couldn't see how it could apply to me and how I might make the leap - a good way to raise your aspirations, though.
on 26 May 2011
The title of this book does not lie: it really does provide you with many creative ideas and inspiration and has helped me greatly in living a more creative life and not only limiting my art to specific periods and mediums. It even helps in overcoming artist block!!

A brilliant buy!
on 9 April 2009
Found the book was a great way to get me moving again with my art. There are a number of excerises to follow which makes you think, plus you see replies from a diverse group of working artist !
on 19 August 2015