5.0 out of 5 stars Be yourself - whatever colour your nose is!, 10 July 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: If Only I Had A Green Nose (Wemmicks) (Hardcover)
Another gem from Max Lucado. Warm and helpful words on how to stand against peer pressure to do whatever it takes to fit in came at the perfect time for my children. Also a loving reminder that its not just children who struggle to be themselves in a increasingly 'get with it' society. Enjoy this one again and again - we need to know God loves us every day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 30 July 2010
Steven R. McEvoy "MCWPP" (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: If Only I Had A Green Nose (Wemmicks) (Hardcover)
I was given this book a few years ago, before I had children. I enjoyed the message of the book, the story and the artwork. Now that I have young children of my own I appreciate the story even more. Punchinello is a Wemmick, a wooden person in a village of wooden people. They were all made by Eli. Punchinello and his friend Lucia think all the other Wemmicks are being silly and having their noses painted green. But soon Punchinello's desire to fit in outweighs his common sense and he gets his nose painted. Soon however he has layer after layer of paint on his nose. It seems that every day a new color is in fashion, and he is tired of following the trend. But can he admit his mistake in following the crowd and go to Eli to be fixed? This is a great story about being true to yourself, to being who you were created to be and rejoicing in your amazing, beautiful, unique and special place in creation. Wonderfully written and illustrated, this is a great book for children in your life, or the child inside of you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 4 Feb 2009
My children love this book! They're 3 & 6 years old, but even at their age there is the pressure to just do what everyone else is doing to fit in and to be happy. The story teaches them not to just follow the crowd and not to rely on external factors for their self-worth and happiness. Eli the maker of Punchinello and the other Wemmicks love them and created them with a purpose. Their true contentement can only come through beign aligned with their maker since he knows them best and knows what is best for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-presented and thought-provaking, 27 Feb 2013
This review is from: If Only I Had A Green Nose (Wemmicks) (Hardcover)
In this book Max Lucado encourages children to look at why people do things.... and to learn they need not conform to all the things their peers do.... whatever that may be... Gives a child a framework from which to say no.
It is a beautiful book and the child you know will treasure it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 12 Sep 2010
Elayna Winters (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: If Only I Had A Green Nose (Wemmicks) (Hardcover)
I simply loved this book - it was perhaps a little more than my 3 year old grandson could understand but I adored it and can't wait to read it to him when he is a little older.

If Only I Had A Green Nose (Wemmicks)
If Only I Had A Green Nose (Wemmicks) by LUCADO MAX (Hardcover - 26 April 2002)
9.52