5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding writing!!! Lucado had done it again.
If you are looking for a book to teach your child of the love of God, look no further. This is one of the best writings to help teach our children the plan of salvation. I want to buy this book as a gift for all of the children I love.
Published on 21 Jun 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful illustrations, but...
Published on 26 July 2011 by L. Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding writing!!! Lucado had done it again., 21 Jun 1999
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful words and illustrations, 19 Mar 2008
Mrs. H. Fowler (Oxon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Because I Love You (Board book)
A wonderful book that my children loved (5 & 8). It beautifully tells a story representing God's love for us in a simple and engaging way. A must for any parent wanting to introduce this concept to their children. The illustrations are delightful also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful allegory, 7 April 2004
This review is from: Because I Love You (Board book)
I know that this book is meant to be allegorical, that it is really about God, and the children are us.
I don't believe in any God, and yet I still think this is a wonderful book.
I have chosen NOT to tell my children what to believe,and they have chosen to believe in God. They are seven and five.
They loved this book, but I had to show them the allegorical part.
I reckon; if I like it, then any Christian parent will love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book to read your little one., 12 Sep 2010
Elayna Winters (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Because I Love You (Board book)
I just loved this book. I bought it on the advice of a young friend who thought my grandson would love it. She was right and I would recommend it to anyone. Beautifully written using a language children can easily understand. I hope to buy more books by this author so that they can be passed on to my grand daughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute treat, 19 Jan 2009
This review is from: Because I Love You (Board book)
This book was used as part of our devotions at a preacher's meeting. It had a profound effect on us. Sometimes, we need the simple things to bring things to us in a new way!

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful illustrations, but..., 26 July 2011
L. Brown (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Because I Love You (Board book)
The book is an allegory of the Bible story of man's fall from Eden and subsequent separation from God, using the images of a crafstman called Shaddai (i.e., God), who builds a beautiful village for his children and a wall around it to protect them from the dangers of the forest beyond. Shaddai also deliberately leaves a hole in the wall so that the children can exercise their free will and disobey him if they so choose by crawling through the hole to the forest.

The illustrations are beautiful, but the book ends at the wrong place. A child from the village disobeys Shaddai and goes through a hole in the wall, then can't find his way back because the hole has disappeared. At the end of the book, Shaddai knows immediately what the child has done and has gone to look for him. But as this is a book written by a Christian, I was surprised and disappointed that it didn't end with Shaddai finding the lost child; instead, the child is seen crying and alone in the scarey forest. What an awful image to end a Christian book.

I suppose the book would be okay if the parents used it as a springboard for discussion about coming back to God through Christ (although I myself wouldn't use it or recommend it), but I think by ending the book with separation from God, Lucado misses a golden opportunity to teach children about God's incomparable forgiveness and that He loves them so much that separation from Him is not ongoing.

I therefore returned the book as unsuitable for purpose.

1.0 out of 5 stars Trite and rather schmaltzy, 9 Dec 2011
This review is from: Because I Love You (Board book)
I bought this book for a young grandchild but found it oversentimental and unconvincing. In addition, my copy ended abruptly before Shaddai found the boy, so either we were supposed to assume he found him, or the book was misprinted and a couple of pages omitted from my copy - which seems more likely.

Because I Love You
Because I Love You by LUCADO MAX (Board book - 24 May 2001)
4.82