5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!! recommended highly!!, 4 Mar 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Wicca The Complete Craft (Paperback)
I cannot recommend this book highly enough, although I read more basic books when starting out on the wiccan path this is a fantastic book for those wondering whether they should continue or even start, those already practising even those slightly more advanced, The rituals and ceremonies were very good and clear to understand, the banishing ritual was also very good and something that very much interested me. She has covered almost all aspects of Wicca except the cake & ales ceremony that a previous reviewer mentioned.
Not only is this a great book and a joy to read it is also a great book to keep at hand and to refer to when doing your rituals or spells, the meditations and auras were great too, in fact the whole book is.
Blessings.

4.0 out of 5 stars Complete Guide To Wicca, 6 Aug 2004
Clare "Bookaholic" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Wicca The Complete Craft (Paperback)
I have had this book for quite some time now and since I bought it I have heard some differing views on D J Conway, however...
Primarily I think this book is aimed at the new Wiccan, although I am not officially 'Wiccan' I do incorporate some parts of Wicca into my path, this book helped me to do that. if you are more advanced or indeed, more experienced this is probably not the right book for you, there are some better books out there for advancing pagans which may be better suited.
This book is good personally I feel for helping to write your own rituals etc.. it gives a lot of good iseas and inspiration. Not only that it also gives you the basics of spell-casting, information on your Book of Shadows, and Moon rituals as well as Sabbat rituals. The book is very well set out with a good table of contents so if you use this as a reference book as well you will find it quite easy to find what you are looking for.
This is a big book with a huge amount of information, a newbie to the craft will get a lot out of this book but, I feel for more experienced pagans it doesn't give a lot more than possibly you would know already, all round a very good book.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best from across the pond, 22 Feb 2002
Daniel Griffith "Chattering Magpie" (Derbyshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wicca The Complete Craft (Paperback)
This book feels and looks like a text book and in some respects it is. A broad introduction for the beginner that also serves as a respectable source book for those more experienced. Conway gives us the theory and the practice with some well worded rituals for the Sabbats. Together with two Lunar rites, one for the New (Dark) and one for the Full. These rites are well worded and can be used with only a small amount of personal adaptation. Only thing missing from the rituals really is a suitable cakes and ale ceremony. Conway isn't afraid of saying what she thinks and is one of the few writers to call the concept of christian wicca what is truly is. Ridiculous and an imposibilty, Paganism and christianity simply arn't compatable. I reccommend this book as a fine introduction and as a source for continued study.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic first book for beginners, 28 Jan 2013
E. carruthers - See all my reviews
Great book for beginners or experienced witches gives you step by step into becoming a witch all rituals to follow when becoming a witch also the invocation and first and second degree initiations blessed be

5.0 out of 5 stars A treasurey of information, 2 Jan 2011
Mrs. K. A. Sell "tree78" (Maidenhead, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wicca The Complete Craft (Paperback)
I absolutely love this book, although I am far from being an experienced witch I've found this text to be immensly beneficial to my studies, it does go into a lot of detail which Ive needed and overall its an easy to read book that I have had no problems with in reading and flicking through.
I have many many books on wicca but I know for sure that this will be one that I constantly refer back to throughout my journey in the craft.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended., 20 Oct 2010
This review is from: Wicca The Complete Craft (Paperback)
This is the `complete` Craft. Well written, informative, full of good practical rituals, spells and ideas for making your own charm bags etc. I have a number of DJ`s books and she has never let me down. This book can be used by anyone, beginer or 3rd degree.

5.0 out of 5 stars A textbook-style approach to beginning Wicca., 22 May 2010
Scheherazade (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Wicca The Complete Craft (Paperback)
D.J. Conway's guide is undoubtedly one of the best starting points for those new to Wicca. It is divided into short, informative chapters covering every aspect of the craft, from its history, through initiation, and into ritual and spellcasting. None of the later sections are particularly in-depth, but they offer enough to allow the beginning practicioner to judge whether such practice is likely to be for them. Filled throughout with common-sense guidance, and featuring rituals and spells written in an attractively modern style, this guide is an excellent introduction to the craft in its entirety. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good, 6 Feb 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Wicca The Complete Craft (Paperback)
This book is good to keep at hand as a reference book, and I'd recommend it to beginners just starting out and more experienced people. However, the authors prejudices are obvious at times. Apart from this, it's a fantastic book and you should definitely get it!

Wicca The Complete Craft
Wicca The Complete Craft by D. J. Conway (Paperback - 1 Sep 2001)
14.61