5.0 out of 5 stars help with my six year old and school, 20 Mar 2011
This review is from: First Day Jitters (Paperback)
I bought this little book after searching high street book stores for some help with a problem my little girl had developed. After a long and happy Christmas Holiday she went back to school on the first day of the new term and suddenly refused, point blank, to go in to her class. She became very distressed and this was completely out of the blue and out of character. It transpired, after gentle interrogation that it was related to a 'minor' telling off she and two others had receieved and she now had an unreasonable fear of her head mistress. All other books I looked at were targeted at pre-school children starting school for the first time. This book addresses the emotions she was experiencing and has a fabulous twist at the end which 'humanizes' (if that's a word) the teacher too. Fingers crossed, the situation has improved greatly another book that may also have contributed to this improvement is 'Llama Llama misses Mamma'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the first day, 1 May 2014
This review is from: First Day Jitters (Paperback)
My year threes really enjoyed this story and so did I. It was the first day for all of us so we had a really great conversation come out of it. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: First Day Jitters (Paperback)
A lovely book that I bought for my class. A nice story for the beginning of term with a lovely twist at the end, especially as it was my first day at school too! The book came quickly as it was shipped from america and was great quality.

First Day Jitters
First Day Jitters by Julie Danneberg (Paperback - 1 Mar 2000)