5.0 out of 5 stars I feel sorry for my future boyfriends!!!! Great book!!!
This book has changed forever how I deal with men and relationships. I was a doormat, as ARGOV puts it. I didn't know any different but I know it didn't feel good and that the men got bored as quickly as I became obsessed with them. I read this book and had to keep putting it down to say a silent "YES!" to myself.
Why is it so good? Because ARGOV is not talking about...
Published on 2 Jan 2011 by Camel's Toe

3.0 out of 5 stars be a man in other words
This book was recommended to me, although I was initially put off by the title.

On one level it did speak to me. I have known women who have turned themselves into domestic slaves (cooking!), made themselves always available, and been in contact 24 hours a day, and did the guy pursue them seriously .... not really! In fact, the contrary after a while. So she...
Published on 26 Feb 2011 by minty

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel sorry for my future boyfriends!!!! Great book!!!, 2 Jan 2011
This review is from: Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl - A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship (Paperback)
Why is it so good? Because ARGOV is not talking about being nasty. Shes not encouraging you to behave like a spoiled princess. Shes not teaching you ways to make men like you - thank God. Shes teaching you how to remain in control of your emotions and to retain your sanity which has the happy result of making you more desirable but, above all, calmer and less frantic. The part I keep returning to mentally is - "men respond best to NO CONTACT". When a guy has upset me, instead of nagging and getting insecure like the old me would have done, I now just let it lie and don't speak to him for a bit until I am no longer emotionally overwhelmed. I go off and do my own thing.
It really goes back to the old "acting as if" formula. A bitch is a girl who puts herself first - not in a selfish, ruthless way but as we all should at times in order to break the cycle of neediness and co-dependency. She is a girl who does right by herself and doesn't exhaust herself trying to please someone else. If you act like that, eventually you become like that and as ARGOV says "act like a prize and you'll turn him into a believer".

5.0 out of 5 stars She understands the male mind...a guy's view, 10 Nov 2008
L. Power "nlp trainer" (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Firstly, in this book BITCH means Babe In Total Control Of Herself.

She gives you priciples not 'rules' to transform from ignored or taken for granted doormat to relentlessly pursued dreamgirl, who is independent, strong, and not needy.

Initially, I wondered if Sherry is a guy, because she is so onto us. To her credit she did interview many men, to get these deep insights. In fact she has compiled our secret playbook.

I wonder if it is a good thing to have too many of our deep secrets in female hands, because it forces us to change our lazy relationship ways.

There is a self improvement principle - you teach people how to treat you. So do what you have always done, and get what you always got, or teach them how to treat you right.

So when Sherry suggests, acting a little aloof at first, this may seem counterintuitive, but it works. Staying out of relationship mode for a while, bypasses our natural defenses, and it works. Not giving away your personal power by being too much of a pleaser works. Communicating succinctly, I like that one.

Probably the most important lesson from this book is the importance of communication. A woman who calls a guy on his behavior, is showing several powerful things, she demonstrates higher value by not accepting bad behavior, she is not afraid to convey her feelings even if this might offend the guy, she is not timid and unassertive, she keeps the lines of communication honest, and open.

You will win some and lose some by following the advice in this book. Following this advice too rigidly will not work. It is a matter of finding a balance, and using what works for you. Think of this book as training wheels.

This book, is very good, and I probably should not recommend it but I do.

The bit about faking the orgasm, some reviewers don't like. As Sherry is a stand up comedian, this piece is just supposed to be humorous. In reality, you are teaching the guy that is he is already good enough, whereas some improvement might be required.

Some of the anecdotal advice is funny but extreme. The booty call guy left standing in the rain outside his apartment got his just desserts, but the red panties in the laundry tactic was too much.

My personal opinion, is we men are not that smart at non verbal communication, so things need to be spelled out more.

We also have a limited capacity for processing verbal information, in fact we go into safety shut down after about 30 seconds of talking. After that point, we just nod and grunt as if we are following along.

I hope you find this review helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bitchin', 4 Dec 2002
I would write brilliant things about this brilliant book, but Sherry Argov has turned me into a bitch...
This is awesome: the very best explanation of playing-hard-to-get I've ever read. It tells you WHY men like it when you give them space; HOW they prefer vague-and-cheerful to intense-and-moody; and WHEN to leave a relationship that's going nowhere.
Lost in love? Then let yourself be taught the fine art of Bitchiness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Empowering!, 3 Dec 2005
By A Customer
The information inside of this book is good to know for women who have been, to put it nicely, treated badly in the past. Why the title of the book might be a little off-putting, it is certainly empowering once you get to reading it. Packed inside is vital information to get you out of terrible realtionships and onto bigger and better things.
What is so good about this book is that it doesn't hold back. Also, it's really not about being an uber-bitch, it's about how to keep that man enticed and wanting more.
If you are looking for a good book that will help you either get the relationship you want or with your current one, this is a good start. Other good books that can help with this are: "Don't Call That Man" and "Man Magnet".

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read and to the point, 5 July 2006
T. Powell-Morris (UK) - See all my reviews
An easy and very insightful read for anyone wondering why they can't keep a relationship and those that needs to blow of a few cobwebs in their current relationship. I have a single friend who has men falling over themselves to be with her and since reading this book it's become apparent that she has been running these set of rules inadvertently, proof that they do work.

The title is a little deceptive. It's not about being mean and hard it's about being who you are and honouring yourself. That means don't change who you are to please anyone else not just the male of the species. I have tried both ways people pleasing to honouring myself first and foremost. I can tell you that life works a whole lot better using the latter approach. Sherry sets this out as an easy to read set of rules. After the initial read-through it's a great book to keep diving back into if you have a few spare moments and need to remind yourself of some of the rules.

I would throughly recommend this book, but remember this is about honouring yourself and is not a guide on how to be a better doormat.

This book should come with a warning, however, I've made some changes in my marriage since reading the book (with good results I hasten to add) which has now inspired my group of girlfriends to take action in their own relationships, which is leaving a few husbands a little dazed and confused, but trying harder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies, learn to be His Dreamgirl!!, 28 July 2003
By A Customer
Ever wondered why when you chase a guy he runs a mile? Or why the guy you fancy doesn't even call after the first date?
Answers to these and many more questions are within the covers of this excellent book. Having just left a long relationship i had to look at some of the reasons it failed, and this book showed me the way in many areas. In future relationships I will be coming from a very different place! An independant woman with her own life, friends and income IS more desirable, less needy and therefore much more interesting to most men. Read and learn!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential - don't leave home without it!, 27 Nov 2004
By A Customer
This is the first time i've written a review - that's how much i was impressed by this book! Having been brought up to be a nice girl and always being the one to give her time, efforts & energies - i now realise that putting yourself first isn't selfish - it's essential - the old cliche if you don't value yourself - why should others? rings true.
In the past, i've always been the one to show I care first - make that special effort - but no more - now i'll let myself sit back & enjoy being wooed - without the feeling I don't deserve it.
Truly a life changing book - BUY IT TODAY!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book as if your life depended on it - it does!!!, 7 May 2007
This book is a must for all women and should be compulsory at the age of 18. This book has changed my life. I didn't think i was a doormat. I thought i was in total control, independant and handling my relationships well. I have always been the one that walked so thought i was fine, just not found the right person yet. After reading this book i realised as soon as i get involved i become "too nice" i will do anything to please a man and put my own life to one side to make them happy. I didn't like asking a man for help ie in my eye's admitting weakness...equality and all that. I was getting it all wrong.

This book will not only improve your relationships with men it will improve your relationships with family, friends and work colleagues. Even at work i was too nice. Everybody liked me but nobody respected me! I have changed so much. I've lent the book to my sister and my mum and its changed their lives too. I will never go back to being that little girl who wanted to be ever so nice and liked. I have never been so popular as i am now.

Read and enjoy. Its very amusing, witty and informative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!, 30 Oct 2006
All I am left wondering is why I didnt read this sooner! This book provides a clear way to conduct relationships and maintain your dignity. A real confidence booster, you wont need that unappreciative man to love you anymore, you will just move on to someone who does. My ex now calls me more than when we were together and is finally starting to tell me he loves me... shame!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Realistic Advice!, 23 Dec 2005
By A Customer
I bought this book after a recommendation on a discussion forum. Even though I am in a long term relationship I found this book gave some excellent & most importantly realistically practical advice! It's not about the tradional treat em mean keep em keep bitch but more about how you should maintain your independance in a relationhsip & not give up too much of your previous life to be with your new man. It starts off with advice on new relationships and finishing off with advice on the more serious ones. What behaviour you should expect from a decent guy & how you should act to keep them keep rather than think you are a push over. This book is a must read for anyone in or out of a relationship.