For anyone who does not know already, BITCH is an acronym of Babe In Total Control of Herself.
Published 11 months ago by Happygirl

3.0 out of 5 stars be a man in other words
This book was recommended to me, although I was initially put off by the title.

On one level it did speak to me. I have known women who have turned themselves into domestic slaves (cooking!), made themselves always available, and been in contact 24 hours a day, and did the guy pursue them seriously .... not really! In fact, the contrary after a while. So she...
Published on 26 Feb. 2011 by minty

5.0 out of 5 stars - she simply said "You be nice to them and you'll see what they'll do", 26 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl - A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship (Paperback)
I was lucky enough to learn from the master of men - a girl who had every man she wanted eating out of her hands at the same time, i asked her when it comes to men what is her secret? - she simply said "You be nice to them and you'll see what they'll do!" - for anyone who hasn't already guessed, she meant men will treat us badly or leave us!
This book is an absolute dating/relationship bible for all women. All girls should read this book in their teens before they start dating so that they are prepared, and with elder females drumming the lessons into them as love can be blind so the good advice of this book could quickly be forgotten. I also think it is good to re-read this book every so often, as i have found that coming out of a relationship it can be easy to forget what you read a few years ago, especially as to behave how the book says does not come naturally to most women and takes practice.

I agree with what other reviewers have written:
The lessons in this book are stuff you haven't realised you are doing.
You have to play the game to win your man.
Whatever a woman chases runs away.
Keep the man on for the chase which keeps him interested, men expect the chase and enjoy it, when things come too easily it is less valued.
If a man doesn't text back or call you - don't chase, men respond to NO CONTACT!
Men do not like it when a girl is always available and overly nice, they find this boring and off-putting. You are never doing nothing, you are always doing something, busy means you have a life of your own and not just waiting around for a man.
Do not wait around for a man, make plans and get on with your own life.
Do not text a man back or call back immediately every time, men find this boring and lose interest.
If you are too nice and too tolerant this can invite bad behaviour from men.
Men love confident, independent, self-reliant women with an edge, traits that men find sexy, attractive and intriguing.
Remain in control of your emotions and retain your sanity.
Do right by yourself and don't exhaust yourself trying to please the man, please yourself!
Do not let him feel he has 100% control over you.
Never try to hard with a man, it actually drives them away or invites bad behaviour.
As long as you are just out of reach - he will do all he can to stop you slipping away, Once you are in his `clutches' men lose interest.
Keep your hobbies, social life and routine going and make a little room for him - but not too much.
Turn it around and get the man trying to keep you!
No negativeness on a date! or making yourself sound less than he would want from a potential partner.
If a relationship is your goal with someone then try to wait 1 month before sleeping with them.

Sherry if you ever read this, please can you write a book for women who are cohabiting with men.
This book should definitely be hidden from your man, or downloaded in electronic copy instead ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have purchase for newbie daters, 26 Aug. 2010
This is a must for newbie daters.......myself included!

It teaches you to be a a 'subtle' bitch. I realised I am already a bit of a bitch but I wanted to confirm whether I was over stepping the line or not....I wasn't! The book teaches you to say 'No' without feeling guilty or needing an excuse, it shows ways to keep his interest by using your attitude but at the same time making your man feel special, teaches you independence is a special thing (including financial independence), to love yourself and have your own friends and social life.
Only criticism I can find is that it does put 'do's' and 'don'ts' in the book which I felt I could not stick too even if I tried e.g. make him pay for the first few dates - personally I would feel uncomfortable doing this. Also 'let him be last to tx back' - sometimes this is just not practical.

The book says that if he calls you a 'bitch' then you have succeeded! I have been called it once in the 3 months I have been dating by my current man. Although calling someone a bitch can vary in how you are called it e.g. being shouted at and called a bitch rather than a friendly 'God your such a bitch' with a smile. The book strongly puts across don't put up with any form of violence and puts strong boundaries out there to ensure you do not get sucked into this vicious cycle.

Basically the moral is:
Do not make him feel he has 100% control over you..........maintain your sense of self, independence and mystery and you are all his!

I know SO many women who need this book and already recommended it to 2 of my closest female friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel sorry for my future boyfriends!!!! Great book!!!, 2 Jan. 2011
This book has changed forever how I deal with men and relationships. I was a doormat, as ARGOV puts it. I didn't know any different but I know it didn't feel good and that the men got bored as quickly as I became obsessed with them. I read this book and had to keep putting it down to say a silent "YES!" to myself.
Why is it so good? Because ARGOV is not talking about being nasty. Shes not encouraging you to behave like a spoiled princess. Shes not teaching you ways to make men like you - thank God. Shes teaching you how to remain in control of your emotions and to retain your sanity which has the happy result of making you more desirable but, above all, calmer and less frantic. The part I keep returning to mentally is - "men respond best to NO CONTACT". When a guy has upset me, instead of nagging and getting insecure like the old me would have done, I now just let it lie and don't speak to him for a bit until I am no longer emotionally overwhelmed. I go off and do my own thing.
It really goes back to the old "acting as if" formula. A bitch is a girl who puts herself first - not in a selfish, ruthless way but as we all should at times in order to break the cycle of neediness and co-dependency. She is a girl who does right by herself and doesn't exhaust herself trying to please someone else. If you act like that, eventually you become like that and as ARGOV says "act like a prize and you'll turn him into a believer".

5.0 out of 5 stars She understands the male mind...a guy's view, 10 Nov. 2008
L. Power "NLP" (Huntingdon Beach) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Firstly, in this book BITCH means Babe In Total Control Of Herself.

She gives you priciples not 'rules' to transform from ignored or taken for granted doormat to relentlessly pursued dreamgirl, who is independent, strong, and not needy.

Initially, I wondered if Sherry is a guy, because she is so onto us. To her credit she did interview many men, to get these deep insights. In fact she has compiled our secret playbook.

I wonder if it is a good thing to have too many of our deep secrets in female hands, because it forces us to change our lazy relationship ways.

There is a self improvement principle - you teach people how to treat you. So do what you have always done, and get what you always got, or teach them how to treat you right.

So when Sherry suggests, acting a little aloof at first, this may seem counterintuitive, but it works. Staying out of relationship mode for a while, bypasses our natural defenses, and it works. Not giving away your personal power by being too much of a pleaser works. Communicating succinctly, I like that one.

Probably the most important lesson from this book is the importance of communication. A woman who calls a guy on his behavior, is showing several powerful things, she demonstrates higher value by not accepting bad behavior, she is not afraid to convey her feelings even if this might offend the guy, she is not timid and unassertive, she keeps the lines of communication honest, and open.

You will win some and lose some by following the advice in this book. Following this advice too rigidly will not work. It is a matter of finding a balance, and using what works for you. Think of this book as training wheels.

This book, is very good, and I probably should not recommend it but I do.

The bit about faking the orgasm, some reviewers don't like. As Sherry is a stand up comedian, this piece is just supposed to be humorous. In reality, you are teaching the guy that is he is already good enough, whereas some improvement might be required.

Some of the anecdotal advice is funny but extreme. The booty call guy left standing in the rain outside his apartment got his just desserts, but the red panties in the laundry tactic was too much.

My personal opinion, is we men are not that smart at non verbal communication, so things need to be spelled out more.

We also have a limited capacity for processing verbal information, in fact we go into safety shut down after about 30 seconds of talking. After that point, we just nod and grunt as if we are following along.

I hope you find this review helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rethink your behaviour girls, 26 Feb. 2014
Ms. R. J. Smith "Rachel1980" (Kettering, UK) - See all my reviews
This book has genuinely given me so much clarity on my relationships and why they followed the same pattern. My life so far... I meet a man, like him, he likes me, everything is great. The feelings start to grow, I begin to care. I begin to give him everything - spend all my spare time with him, cook for him, wash his clothes. If he is moody, or stroppy I make excuses for him, I ask him what's wrong. I try to make it better with kindness. He always knows where I am and what to expect. I think about him while I'm at work. (This is making me cringe). And, as I now know after reading this great book, he starts to take me for granted, stops making an effort; the sex becomes dull or less frequent. By this stage I'm in deep, and will do anything to make him happy, at the expense of my own happiness. I MUST HAVE BEEN OUT OF MY MIND!!! The revelation is - men WANT a woman to keep her own life and interests. They WANT to work for you, to feel like, in you, they have a valued prize. Most men begin to disrespect a woman who puts his happiness before her own. Two weeks after reading this, I can't believe that I didn't already know this - but my relationship history tells a different story! I used to think that being nice, putting others before yourself was a good thing. The trouble is, people - not just men - don't respect this behaviour - they see it as weakness. Girls - make him work for you - you'll both be happier as a result.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bitchin', 4 Dec. 2002
I would write brilliant things about this brilliant book, but Sherry Argov has turned me into a bitch...
This is awesome: the very best explanation of playing-hard-to-get I've ever read. It tells you WHY men like it when you give them space; HOW they prefer vague-and-cheerful to intense-and-moody; and WHEN to leave a relationship that's going nowhere.
Lost in love? Then let yourself be taught the fine art of Bitchiness.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for any struggling lady, get what you want!! Trust me it works!!, 27 July 2010
A must read for any lady struggling on the dating scene, those first few weeks of dating are the hardest, its when the guy decides wheter or not you are relationship material! Lets face it ladies most of us do go all out to impress in those first few weeks, and theres nothing wrong with that other than if you do the guy will make no efforts to impress you back because he feels he has not need! When I read those first few pages of this book the writer was describing me, I couldnt believe it! I was the girl who would make a 3 course dinner and dress to impress on a 3rd date and put out that night, all becasue I thought thats what would get a man to like me and stay with me. But for the last three years my relationships have never lasted past 8 weeks, Im not ugly, Im not crazy, not an alcaholic, and I dont do drugs, Im kind and caring, beautiful inside and out and generous. Everything I ever did for a guy was only becasue I cared! But my way wasnt working so I decided to read this book inside out, and guess what... I now have a man eating out of my hand! He doesnt even know he is doing it! I am in charge of me and I hold my own 'Pink slip' not him. I carry on with my life and I dont depend on him. All you have to do is trust what this book is telling you, do that and Im telling you that you do not have to be stick thin with big boobs and loads of money to get what you want... just try it what have you got to loose??!

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU MUST BUY THIS BOOK!, 30 July 2010
Although an avid reader I have never left a review before but felt that on this occasion I really should!

I am a succesful attractive woman who has had the worst luck with men recently & I really couldn't understand why, I mean, I'm so nice - what's the problem? You guessed it, the niceness is the problem.

I read the reviews left here & went out & bought the book straight away. For 24 hours, I did little else other than read the book then I finished it - it's that good.

At first you will cringe as you recognise yourself in the descriptions (I did). I also found myself getting angry as the book is compiled from 100's of interviews with men & it focusses on 'what men want' & you find yourself thinking "ok, enough now - what about what I want" & that's basically what you should be thinking to flip from being a nice girl to a 'bitch' girl.

Women of the world, if you don't love yourself you can be sure as hell no man will. That's the bottom line so if your not in the right place in yourself don't risk your heart being put through the meat mincer.

Power to you sisters! Now go read the book

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Realistic Advice!, 23 Dec. 2005
By A Customer
I bought this book after a recommendation on a discussion forum. Even though I am in a long term relationship I found this book gave some excellent & most importantly realistically practical advice! It's not about the tradional treat em mean keep em keep bitch but more about how you should maintain your independance in a relationhsip & not give up too much of your previous life to be with your new man. It starts off with advice on new relationships and finishing off with advice on the more serious ones. What behaviour you should expect from a decent guy & how you should act to keep them keep rather than think you are a push over. This book is a must read for anyone in or out of a relationship.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an excellent book!, 11 Oct. 2008
I was put off buying this book fo ages, as I wasn't sure I wanted to learn how to be a 'bitch'!. But Sherry is not using the word 'bitch' in the traditional way- she uses it as term to mean ' a women with self-respect'.
The best book on dating I have read ( and I've read a few...)and I do think the principles can be applied to all areas of life, not just relationships. Why be a down trodden 'nice girl' all the time- it gets you nowhere. The results are immediate- I couldn't believe how subtly changing your behaviour can change other peoples attitude and behaviour towards you. YOU MUST READ IT!!