4.0 out of 5 stars Hooked on Crochet
Published on 9 Jan 2005 by Catherine Witt

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother
I bought this book because the cover shows ribbon being used to crochet. Ok, I know - never judge a book by it's cover, but I discovered that ribbon yarn is only mentioned as a passing thought in this book and is not used in any of the projects!

Published on 14 April 2006 by Lizziedrippin

4.0 out of 5 stars Hooked on Crochet, 9 Jan 2005
Catherine Witt (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hooked on Crochet: 20 Sassy Projects (Paperback)
I have never crocheted in my life. After three very frustrating days with "Maggie Righetti's - Crochet in Plain English" and getting nowhere I received Candi Jensen's book on "Hooked on Crochet" - it's brilliant, without reading one word, just following the diagrams, I was chocheting - it's so simple. There is also a section for left handed crocheters. It's a good book. I'm still struggling with the "Granny Square" - this is when an expericened crocheter is invaluable to get you over the next hurdle that no book can help you with. The patterns in the this book are modern and fresh. I completed the first pattern with great success. There are some good patterns for the experienced crocheter. Excellent book for beginners.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 14 April 2006
This review is from: Hooked on Crochet: 20 Sassy Projects (Paperback)

"Sassy"??? I don't think so! "Samey" is more the word. I didn't find anything original in this book. The patterns were the same as any you would find in an average crochet book.

And to top it all - the crochet instructions are AMERICAN ! ! Which any crocheter would know (or should) requires some fore thought if you are a british crocheter!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good, 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: Hooked on Crochet: 20 Sassy Projects (Paperback)
it's a quite good book-guide. Gives you a small idea in how you can crochet with your hook different things (clothes,ornaments etc). Explains very good from the begining to the end the technique of crochet not only by describing but also with photos.It's helpful enough for the begginers and i think for the intermediates too.

Hooked on Crochet: 20 Sassy Projects
Hooked on Crochet: 20 Sassy Projects by Candi Jensen (Paperback - May 2004)