4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book with many advices, 23 Jan 2010
This review is from: Let it Rot!: Gardener's Guide to Composting (Storey's Down-to-earth Guides) (Paperback)
Well, Ive enjoyed reading the book.
The author explains everything about making your own compost pile by telling us some good advice and his own experiences. This is nice, because there's no real rule to make it perfectly, so having some feednack from who's been doing that for years is a good thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Ready to Start Rotting!, 28 Jun 2011
Abdulla M. Al Qasim (Bahrain) - See all my reviews
Let me begin by saying that I am new to composting, I have only read a few online articles about composting and how to build composting bins, but they still left me with unanswered questions. I have to admit that this book got me hooked and that I read through it about four days and almost all my questions about composting got answered in just the right amount of details where it wasn't extremely scientific nor was it overly simplistic.

I mainly bought this book because I am interested in building my own composting bin because I just don't have the space to build huge piles of compost... and I don't think my neighbors would think much of that as well. After reading through the entire book, I went back and got a piece of paper and jotted down all the key points within the book from pile composition, compostable material, building composting piles and bins, turning piles, and carbon and nitrogen content. I now have everything I need to go out and get the materials necessary to start my own composting bin... and should my efforts turn out to be a success, I will try my best to convince as many people as possible to build their own.

Even though I am only, currently, interested in building a composting bin (maybe even two), the book generally discusses dimensions and other details relating to compost piles and less for bin composters.

The Author generally uses simple and understandable language that even the new gardener can understand and apply. For anyone who is considering following the composting steps in the book, rest assured that most, if not all, the materials required are easily attainable almost anywhere.

Overall a great and straightforward guide to composting taking you through everything that you will need to know to start you own composting pile or bin.

Let it Rot!: Gardener's Guide to Composting (Storey's Down-to-earth Guides)