5.0 out of 5 stars Very unfair to..
..only give one star to a cookery book because Amazon failed to make explicit it was an American edition (and what's wrong with that anyway? - a quarter of my cookery books are US and I use them as much as the UK ones). The publisher should have been a giveaway.

Published 23 months ago by Wil Andersen

1.0 out of 5 stars Pure simple pain!
I made the mistake of asking for this book for Christmas and was very disappointed to find it was an American edition. The one to go for is "Cook Simple, Effortless Cooking Every Day", the British version. Recipes are fab and use the book all the time.
Published on 7 Oct 2010 by Free Spirit

1.0 out of 5 stars Pure simple pain!, 7 Oct 2010
This review is from: Pure Simple Cooking: Effortless Meals Every Day (Paperback)

1.0 out of 5 stars Have I been missold?, 6 Jan 2010
This beautiful book is an American editions, so BEWARE! All the measurements are American and coriander is cilantro etc. It is very hard to convert accurately and one really does run the risk of messing up the recipes. I can see no indication whatsoeverfrom the website that it is an American edition. Trying to take the matter up with Customer service was very hard. I have been offered a refund but, as yet, nobody will admit any obfuscation. The email I received said that my copy could not be exchanged for one with English measurements because it "is one of the many we received from our Vendor" . I shall pursue the matter!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very unfair to.., 2 Sep 2012
Wil Andersen (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Anyway, this is an excellent book and I recommend it highly - so do not be put off by the dismissive reviews. I am sure you are bright enough to know what cilantro is.

1.0 out of 5 stars American version !!, 9 Feb 2011
I want to thank the previous reviewers for their comments on this being an american version. Sometimes this doesn't matter too much, but Amazon should inform buyers so that they can make a choice as to whether or not to take the risk. I won't be buying this book now, but would have done as I am a fan of Diana Henry.

5.0 out of 5 stars PURE SIMPLE COOKING - DIANA HENRY, 3 Mar 2012
DIANA HENRY'S FOOD BRINGS PERFECTION TO THE PLATE...AND THE END RESULTS, IN ALL HER RECIPES, ARE MOUTH WATERING. I HAVE ALL HER BOOKS AND NEVER TIRE OF READING THEM AND COOKING MANY OF THE DISHES, MUCH TO THE DELIGHT OF MY GUESTS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple tasty reciepies, 19 Oct 2012
A. Thomas (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
Diana Henry is up there with Delia Smith as one of the best cookery book writers out there.
The reciepies in this book that I've tried are excellent and fairly straight forward to prepare.

full marks.

Pure Simple Cooking: Effortless Meals Every Day
Pure Simple Cooking: Effortless Meals Every Day by Diana Henry (Paperback - April 2009)
12.79