on 1 January 2015
I shall be growing mushrooms now, you should too. I live on a patch of land that's both polluted and distressed, trees dieback and growing plants has proved difficult, using the techniques in this book will hopefully return this small patch of land to nature.
on 10 June 2010
A very hopeful story that deserves closer examination by the agricultural world and captures the upbeat philosophy of the author.

The book has a rather agricultural bias in describing the ways fungi can be used in forestry, chemical detoxification and land reclamation. Some interesting examples of commercial mushroom growing and the hippy types that grow them and lots of excellent photographs make this an enjoyable read.
on 22 August 2013
At last, an Enlightened scientist who writes from the true, non-dual, perspective of reality. Since buying and reading this book, I have bought and am reading Paul's two previous books, and they both get five too.
on 16 April 2013
I ummmed and arrrrrred about buying this for a while and am very pleased that I did, it's great recommend it totally. Just a shame to support tax dodging Amazon really, but you have to admit they do get the job done.
on 31 March 2012
I bought this book because I'm into permaculture, but 3weeks into reading it, I have learnt that my garden is full of arsenic. I feel like I was meant to read this book to learn how to remove the arsenic from my garden through mycroremediation. Amazing book!
on 3 November 2014
Very informative book about mushrooms and their place in the eco-system.

There are plenty of comprehensive reviews, better than I can write. So I'll leave it at that.
on 10 January 2014
This book made excellent reading even though I am no expert in mushrooms, the implications of mycelium for our future are mind boggling. It certainly opened my eyes.
on 7 December 2012
This book was not bought for myself, so I am not very qualified to review it. I did however, have a quick dip into it and it looks fascinating.
on 19 August 2013
absolutely amazing book which explains very well how important fungi are to the environment

there is nothing quite like this book
on 12 January 2016
Weird book requested by my daughter! Well packaged. Delivered in time for Christmas. Thanks all round.